• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Growth update - graphic images!!

It was vile smelling [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] It almost sticky in consistency so it kept catching on her fur and not washing away properly, so it got in my nails and everything. After I massaged the worst of it out and flushed it, I put her away and washed the shower down with hot water..... That did NOT help the smell and made me want to vomit [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Rabbit pus is the consistency of toothpaste, and so hard to deal with. You did really well cleaning her up :)

Without sounding silly, how does a bunny develop a abcess like this? Poor little thing :( when I got in a tiz about my Charlie's ear oblation for folded ear canal, my rabbit savvy vet said to think im lucky it's not an abcess because they are really a nightmare! Now I can see why! Xx

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Without sounding silly, how does a bunny develop a abcess like this? Poor little thing :( when I got in a tiz about my Charlie's ear oblation for folded ear canal, my rabbit savvy vet said to think im lucky it's not an abcess because they are really a nightmare! Now I can see why! Xx

If you've time, there's some info relating to your query here:

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Dental_diseases/Treatment/Facial/abs_dental.htm

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/info-sheets/abscesses.htm

http://rabbit.org/abcesses-in-rabbits/

Interesting! So if not teeth related could of been anything from a little scratch. Thank you MM xx

It really could have been anything, she does live with 3 other bunnies and with the season change, the hormone change and pecking order may have been to blame in causing a squabble during the night, who knows!

The abscess has clearer up well and hasn't returned, however I'm still cleaning with saline and manuka honey which appears to be doing the trick.

She's very moody with me and all the poking and prodding 😂😂 my poor baby!

It really could have been anything, she does live with 3 other bunnies and with the season change, the hormone change and pecking order may have been to blame in causing a squabble during the night, who knows!

The abscess has clearer up well and hasn't returned, however I'm still cleaning with saline and manuka honey which appears to be doing the trick.

She's very moody with me and all the poking and prodding 😂😂 my poor baby!

I'm really glad to hear that the abscess has cleared up and not returned :D

I hope she recovers from her ordeal and that the rest of you are doing well :wave:

It is good to hear your bun's abscess is clearing up. Both you and she deserve a treat for doing such a good job dealing with this issue.

Back