• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mini - 17/6/2007-27/3/2017 (pic heavy)

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
My dear sweet Mini,

I miss you :( Nearly ten years together and you not being here is leaving a big, big hole.

Ten years ago, a friend convinced me to let them breed Mischa with their rabbit. The result was you and your two brothers, Mocha and Marshmallow... (l-r, Mocha, Mini, Marshmallow)

01.jpg

You were the smallest, hence ending up being called Mini!

02.jpg

But you quickly grew. You were a bit of a livewire though and unfortunately I dropped you one day and you landed awkwardly. You stumped the vets, they initially thought you had a sprain but after two weeks with no improvement they did an xray and a spay under the same GA and realised you had dislocated your hip. The first instance they had ever had at that vets and which also surprised a couple of vets who I'd mentioned it to since. The vets consulted with an expert (which we're pretty such was Mark!) and one week later you had another op and they fixed it.

I often joked they had put a bionic hip in cos sometimes it seemed you had springs in those back legs! You got into some strange places, I still have no idea how you got out of the pen one day!

You and Mischa bonded so easily, you were joined at the hip.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

And you slept in the most heart stopping positions, even while bonding!

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

You were such an affectionate rabbit, especially if food was involved...

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

You got up on the desk because there was food up there!

12.jpg

And you rather enjoyed a good sunny day outside...

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

After Mischa died I was so worried about you, but after some effort you and Nutmeg and Smudge became firm friends and Nutmeg became your partner in crime!

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

But sadly years of painkillers for the arthritis in your hips eventually took their toll on your kidneys and I'm really gonna miss you. I'm gonna miss the way you always chewed the water bowl before drinking, and the way you were always the one to greet me, the way you cleaned your ears, the way you'd come and sit with me if I was working on the computer and how you'd run all over me (literally) if I had a treat. My favourite part of my day had become our nightly cuddle while you had your pellets, I miss that SO much!

Sleep tight munchkin. Thank you for our ten years together. xx

19.jpg

Last edited:
A beautiful tribute for your beautiful Mini :( I'm so so sorry she's gone :( Mini was always an RU favourite of mine, as she looked just like my own Minnie :love:
Binky free gorgeous girl :( xxxx

A beautiful tribute to an amazing bunny. Not mini by nature. Your photos are stunning. sweet dreams little one xx

Mini's tribute is beautiful - she lived an incredible life, right up to the last. You shared so much together - treat yourself gently in your grief. Binky free at the bridge, sweet girl. xxx

A beautiful tribute to a lovely rabbit, I'm so sorry you lost her.

Binky free Mini xx

Such a lovely and moving tribute, Elena. Mini was a much loved and adored bunny, as all your bunnies have been. I am so sorry for your loss. :cry:
Sleep well, beautiful Mini. You will be missed so very much. :cry: xxxx

What a gorgeous rabbit Mini was :love: I never knew that she was Mischa's daughter :love:

Your photos of her are indeed stunning and I hope they prompt some wonderful memories for you.

I am so sorry that she had to leave you :cry: I can understand how much you will be missing her :cry:

Best wishes Elena, thankyou for taking the time to write that lovely tribute and post those amazing photos :)

Thank you everyone, I need to do her a photobook soon, there's so many! It's going to be a long book!

Back