• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lino on concrete?

Swissgreys

New Kit
My 2 rabbits have an enclosed wooden run which is connected directly to their hutch, so they have full time access.
Our female is currently struggling with urinary incontinence (and a whole host of other health issues) and lays in the run for a large portion of the day.
I currently have half of the run taken up with a huge plastic litter tray (used underneath plant pots, so very shallow), and the other part of the run covered with absorbent, rubber backed door mats.
The door mats are washed and replaced daily, and the litter tray is spot cleaned several times a day.
The problem is that urine is still getting between the gaps in the various floor coverings, and soaking the concrete.

Can I put a large piece of lino underneath everything to protect the concrete and make it easier to clean?
I am worried that with Summer fast approaching the wet concrete will quickly become very smelly and attract flies.

I would think the concrete paint would be an easier option, as with the lino you'd need to seal it around the edges to prevent urine getting underneath.

Back