• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Remembering Peanut Butter

Today is the first anniversary of the day Snoopy and I lost Peanut Butter [emoji17]

I adopted the boys from Windwhistle Warren in October 2015. I kept getting drawn to their page as they were such beautiful bunnies and had been waiting over two years for a home [emoji17]

I was thrilled when Alice gave me this green light to adopt them. Alice told me that Peanut Butter, then called Mulberry, was very timid around humans. How right she was! Rachael very kindly brought them down from Gloucestershire and as soon as she left he went to the door, thumped several times and went to hide in the bathroom. He wouldn't come out for a few days. I thought it best to let him come round in his own time so I put a litter tray in there, which I had to clamber over to get to the loo [emoji15]

He eventually started to venture out but was still very nervous. I learned to tiptoe around and do everything very slowly and quietly so as not to startle him.

Then came the breakthrough! I was having a nap on the sofa one afternoon when I felt something tickle my face. I opened my eyes and saw him staring back at me! ❤️From that point on he was so much more confident around me. Although he never liked being touched or stroked we developed a strong bond. He loved jumping onto the sofa and nose bumping me, nibbling my nose and playing with my hair. Best of all he jumped onto my bed every morning to give me not one but two kisses ❤️

He also grew so much in confidence around other humans, even marching boldly up to the washing machine repair man!

He was such a bundle of energy, he loved nothing more than to run around and jump up and down on the settee and up the trofast.

Sadly from very early on he was plagued with ear abscesses. The emergency vet who first saw him was very pessimistic about his chances, but with the help of my regular vet we battled through and after a long period of treatment and surgery he seemed to have made a full recovery. The constant handling and vet trips were tough on a little bunny who hated being handled but he always forgave me.

Unfortunately the abscesses returned and despite our best efforts this time the infection overwhelmed him and he went downhill frighteningly quickly. It was heartbreaking to see [emoji17]

I will always feel upset that he only had 6 months in his forever home after waiting for so long [emoji17]

He was a very special bunny and I feel incredibly privileged to have had him in my life. I just wish it could have been longer [emoji17]

I'll upload some photos once I've transferred them from my old phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today is the first anniversary of the day Snoopy and I lost Peanut Butter [emoji17]

I adopted the boys from Windwhistle Warren in October 2015. I kept getting drawn to their page as they were such beautiful bunnies and had been waiting over two years for a home [emoji17]

I was thrilled when Alice gave me this green light to adopt them. Alice told me that Peanut Butter, then called Mulberry, was very timid around humans. How right she was! Rachael very kindly brought them down from Gloucestershire and as soon as she left he went to the door, thumped several times and went to hide in the bathroom. He wouldn't come out for a few days. I thought it best to let him come round in his own time so I put a litter tray in there, which I had to clamber over to get to the loo [emoji15]

He eventually started to venture out but was still very nervous. I learned to tiptoe around and do everything very slowly and quietly so as not to startle him.

Then came the breakthrough! I was having a nap on the sofa one afternoon when I felt something tickle my face. I opened my eyes and saw him staring back at me! ❤️From that point on he was so much more confident around me. Although he never liked being touched or stroked we developed a strong bond. He loved jumping onto the sofa and nose bumping me, nibbling my nose and playing with my hair. Best of all he jumped onto my bed every morning to give me not one but two kisses ❤️

He also grew so much in confidence around other humans, even marching boldly up to the washing machine repair man!

He was such a bundle of energy, he loved nothing more than to run around and jump up and down on the settee and up the trofast.

Sadly from very early on he was plagued with ear abscesses. The emergency vet who first saw him was very pessimistic about his chances, but with the help of my regular vet we battled through and after a long period of treatment and surgery he seemed to have made a full recovery. The constant handling and vet trips were tough on a little bunny who hated being handled but he always forgave me.

Unfortunately the abscesses returned and despite our best efforts this time the infection overwhelmed him and he went downhill frighteningly quickly. It was heartbreaking to see [emoji17]

I will always feel upset that he only had 6 months in his forever home after waiting for so long [emoji17]

He was a very special bunny and I feel incredibly privileged to have had him in my life. I just wish it could have been longer [emoji17]

Scrappy that's beautiful. It brought a tear to my eye :love:

Those 6 months were of such quality that I bet they seemed more like 6 years to Peanut Butter.

I love the idea of the trofast - what is it? xx

You gave PB his very own home and although it was only for 6 months I am sure that it was the best time of his life. I look forward to seeing some photos of him xx

I'm so sorry you didn't have longer together, life can be so cruel sometimes:cry:

But he was a very lucky bunny to have you and Snoopy in his life :love:

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Back