Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Dental spurs diet *update- now gi stasis*

  1. #11
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    29,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    I mix the readigrass in with the hay. They do eat a little of the normal hay with the readigrass this way.

    Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

    I also chop fresh grass into the hay, which I find works even better

  2. #12
    Forum Buddy susie bun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38,915

    Default

    My Spenser likes the Timothy and Green oat versions of readigrass. I buy them from The Hay Experts online. He had his first dental last year, but the spurs are growing back. He's not a lop but his molars are misaligned so this causes the spurs in his case as his teeth don't wear down evenly.

  3. #13
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    29,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beebop View Post
    Thanks for all the advice guys! You guys are stars!!! Thankfuy peter only had tiny molar spurs so i caught onto it quickly enough before any damage! His teeth other than that are in good shape so ive dramatically cut down his fresh foods much to Pete's dismay!

    He seems to only want to eat readigrass now though, and is ignoring his lovely hay from hay for pets! Ive tried putting dried herbs and all through it but he seems to be hoking those out! Any other ideas to get him to eat hay? I'm worried if i hold off on readigrass he just wont eat!!!

    Does he not want to eat fresh grass? Could you mix fresh grass in with his hay?

    http://www.therabbithouse.com/blog/2...ay-tooth-wear/

  4. #14
    Warren Veteran daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    7,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beebop View Post
    Thanks for all the advice guys! You guys are stars!!! Thankfuy peter only had tiny molar spurs so i caught onto it quickly enough before any damage! His teeth other than that are in good shape so ive dramatically cut down his fresh foods much to Pete's dismay!

    He seems to only want to eat readigrass now though, and is ignoring his lovely hay from hay for pets! Ive tried putting dried herbs and all through it but he seems to be hoking those out! Any other ideas to get him to eat hay? I'm worried if i hold off on readigrass he just wont eat!!!
    Mine hate the hay for pets hay - it always smells slightly musky.
    Could you try some different hay from different shops? B&M do a hay that most buns seem to like

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Eastleigh, Hampshire
    Posts
    4,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    Mine hate the hay for pets hay - it always smells slightly musky.
    Could you try some different hay from different shops? B&M do a hay that most buns seem to like

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    This exactly. I don't rate H4P at all anymore - the last few times I've ordered it's been stale and I've had to chuck it out - try the hay from www.timothyhay.co.uk
    Bunny mum to Jessie, Woody, Noah (trio) and newcomer River! Not forgetting Hettie & Sweep who live with their grandad but visit often
    Piggy mum to Mabel, Molly and Peaches


    Remembering Skye, Maisie-pig and Marley-pig. Always in our hearts and very much missed

    Looking for welfare orientated bunny boarding in Hampshire? Visit www.chestnutcorner.co.uk or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/chestnutcorner

  6. #16
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    29,895

    Default

    How's he doing Beebop? You've not posted back

  7. #17
    Warren Veteran Beebop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    6,293

    Default

    Guys i dont know what im doing wrong! I feel like such a bad bunny mum! Peter is acting off this morning again! I think he has gas now so im going to have to take him down to the vet again! He had gas back in september!

    He got a lot of fresh grass last night, but no more than usual! He ate some pellets this morning but then hopped away! Hes very quiet!

    I keep messing up with him! Ive nvr had so much trouble with a rabbit!

  8. #18
    Warren Scout
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    157

    Default

    It might not be anything you're doing wrong, I thought I was doing something wrong but it turns out my bun is just very unlucky he prolapsed almost 2 weeks ago and he's been taken back in today with bad stasis
    The vet said there was no other way I could have helped him at home

  9. #19
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    29,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beebop View Post
    Guys i dont know what im doing wrong! I feel like such a bad bunny mum! Peter is acting off this morning again! I think he has gas now so im going to have to take him down to the vet again! He had gas back in september!

    He got a lot of fresh grass last night, but no more than usual! He ate some pellets this morning but then hopped away! Hes very quiet!

    I keep messing up with him! Ive nvr had so much trouble with a rabbit!

    You know, I doubt it's anything at all that you're doing!

    Ask the vet if this time they can determine a cause for the issue. Dental problems?

  10. #20
    Warren Veteran Beebop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    6,293

    Default

    He had a bit of tummy bother, vet said it shudnt be his teeth as the spurs last time were only minor and that was only about 6weeks ago. So hes had some meds to get him back on track.

    I think maybe the richness of the grass caused it, he did get a lot which hes bn fine with in the last 2weeks but maybe he ate some leftovers this morning which had wilted a bit??? Could that cause gas??

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •