• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Randy Doe

Mandmcc

Alpha Buck
Hey all,

One of my does, Blossom, just can't stop humping Bobert on the head. He puts his head down to her and she jumps on! Quite unladylike behaviour for the public domain! I'm worried because she really nuzzles her head into his back and what if that progresses to biting? I can't have my Wee Bobert being bitten, he's just a big gentle soul! Is there anything I can do to put her off so to speak?

Here are the two in question... during less amorous times...

49d61b67ae8539c3de538c98742747a6.jpg

PS she's at it about six times a day and that just what I am around to witness!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all,

One of my does, Blossom, just can't stop humping Bobert on the head. He puts his head down to her and she jumps on! Quite unladylike behaviour for the public domain! I'm worried because she really nuzzles her head into his back and what if that progresses to biting? I can't have my Wee Bobert being bitten, he's just a big gentle soul! Is there anything I can do to put her off so to speak?

Here are the two in question... during less amorous times...

PS she's at it about six times a day and that just what I am around to witness!!

Lovely photos :love:

I'm finding that with my doe at the moment. I am putting it down to 'Spring Fever'. Rabbits (even neutered) get randy this time of year, and also feel the need to dominate their mates.

I often distract with a few herbs. Or a sharp word or two!

I assume that she is spayed ? Is it a recent bonding ?

She is spayed and they have been bonded for about two years, she's always been the feisty / dominant one of the two. I've no idea how to discourage her!

Lovely photos :love:

I'm finding that with my doe at the moment. I am putting it down to 'Spring Fever'. Rabbits (even neutered) get randy this time of year, and also feel the need to dominate their mates.

I often distract with a few herbs. Or a sharp word or two!

I've tried telling her off and clapping my hands but she just does it all the more and becomes a bit frenzied! I've noticed lately she does it and then runs to the food cupboard so I don't think food distraction is working :( I would put it down to spring fever only she's been doing it for a while now [emoji51]

I don't mind them doing their thing if it makes them happy lol, I'm just worried that it seems to be getting a bit more aggressive and I want to nip it in the bud before it descends to biting or fighting!

Back