• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does this humping mean?

Niklovesrats

Warren Scout
Wondering why this occurred..... Peter and Velvet were out in their run today (both neutered).... Rex was free run in the garden cause I was out there pottering around.... he hasn't met Peter and Velvet and he approached their run.... there was a lot of sniffing but he wasn't overly particularly interested.... afterwards though peter just kept humping velvet and my hubby made a jokey comment saying "do you think he is warning Rex ****** off she is mine"... but maybe he has a point!! Peter has not attempted to hump velvet since they first got bonded!!!

It was referred aggression because of the presence of Rex. Rabbits are very territorial. Peter couldn't get at Rex so 'took it out' on Velvet. I would advise keeping Rex out of sight and smell of your bonded pair - as they could actually start fighting.

It was referred aggression because of the presence of Rex. Rabbits are very territorial. Peter couldn't get at Rex so 'took it out' on Velvet. I would advise keeping Rex out of sight and smell of your bonded pair - as they could actually start fighting.

I agree with Babsie :thumb: (I think I always do actually :thumb:)

Another agreement :)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Wondering why this occurred..... Peter and Velvet were out in their run today (both neutered).... Rex was free run in the garden cause I was out there pottering around.... he hasn't met Peter and Velvet and he approached their run.... there was a lot of sniffing but he wasn't overly particularly interested.... afterwards though peter just kept humping velvet and my hubby made a jokey comment saying "do you think he is warning Rex ****** off she is mine"... but maybe he has a point!! Peter has not attempted to hump velvet since they first got bonded!!!

As Babsie said :)

Moi has just started a similar thread.
'Spring Fever' makes it all the more frustrating for rabbits so the problem can get worse around this time.

Back