• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Goat Bonding Update P60

Ok, finally got round to uploading the photos :thumb:

From left to right Pumpkin Pickle and Lola

From left to right Pumpkin, Pickle, Lola and Charlie

Lola

Charlie

Charlie having a cuddle

Pumpkin looking like butter wouldn't melt

Lola

Charlie

Charlie having a cuddle

No, bad zoobec! I don't have room for cute goats too :lol: Oh they are lovely though... :love: Love the pic of the cuddle x

Lola

Charlie

Charlie having a cuddle

Fantastic family piccies Zoobec :D

Is that you there having a cuddle?

have you really got weather that warm? :shock:

Awwwww they are adorable !! :love:

Is all that land yours ? If so I am very jealous !! xx

Yes, we bought extra land to give us a driveway round the back. We wanted 20m x 5m drive but ended up with half an acre of overgrown woodland! I've broken several lawnmowers trying to tame it! We have had to cut down dead trees and the goats have cleared the brambles for us!

Yes, we bought extra land to give us a driveway round the back. We wanted 20m x 5m drive but ended up with half an acre of overgrown woodland! I've broken several lawnmowers trying to tame it! We have had to cut down dead trees and the goats have cleared the brambles for us!

Great pictures :) That's awesome that you have land, I'd love to have something like that x

Lovely pics :love: The goats are very cute and yes, Pumpkin does look very well-behaved :)

You have a super wild area with plenty of available forage :) - what type of trees do you have?

Lovely pics :love: The goats are very cute and yes, Pumpkin does look very well-behaved :)

You have a super wild area with plenty of available forage :) - what type of trees do you have?

Pumpkin has burgled the hay shed today, there is now a Pygmy goat sized hole in the side of it :lol: it is plastic and not very strong!

Thanks :) the trees are mainly sycamore, we have planted a Beech hedge along the edge. There is one Hawthorn tree, a couple of Ash trees, some Elder and one tiny oak tree. We've enjoyed clearing all the nettles, brambles and elder bushes out, you could barely walk into it when we first got it! Sadly because it had never been managed there were a few trees all growing close together that had to be thinned out to give the best ones chance. Unfortunately we had to have the biggest tree of all (a beech ) cut down as it had been damaged by honey fungus and the base of the trunk and roots were eaten away on one side, and it was dangerous.

I've been letting all 4 goats out together during the day, Charlie and Lola are happy with Pumpkin in close proximity, and they will eat nose to nose. Pumpkin is still a bit grumpy at times but they just run off from him then :lol: Pumpkin still seems to think he has it in him and occasionally tries to mount Pickle but she isn't having any of it :lol: I'm still keeping mum and kids separate from Pumpkin at night by closing the partition in the shed, at least until the kids are bigger and can eat faster :thumb:

I've been letting all 4 goats out together during the day, Charlie and Lola are happy with Pumpkin in close proximity, and they will eat nose to nose. Pumpkin is still a bit grumpy at times but they just run off from him then :lol: Pumpkin still seems to think he has it in him and occasionally tries to mount Pickle but she isn't having any of it :lol: I'm still keeping mum and kids separate from Pumpkin at night by closing the partition in the shed, at least until the kids are bigger and can eat faster :thumb:

It sounds as though some progress has been made. Pumpkin will just have to stop thinking that he still has his bits !

Pumpkin sounds adorable, and just like a rabbit :)

I love that he's a bit grumpy. He's entitled to be :lol:

Pumpkin sounds adorable, and just like a rabbit :)

I love that he's a bit grumpy. He's entitled to be :lol:

He used to be positively angry at times. Now it's only occasionally. Which can catch me off guard, I have a large bruise on the inside of my leg now after he decided to hook me with his horn :lol: I still keep threatening to wrap his horns in sponge, or stick balls on the end of them :lol:

A goat bonding update :thumb: Charlie and Lola are 9 months old. Lola is feeling more assertive (I watched her try to get her mum's tea the other day!) Pumpkin is much more mellow and friendly:love: so we decided to go a step further with bonding. they've been together outside in the wood during the day, but shut separately either side of a partition in the shed at night (they could see smell and touch through the gate bars) for the last week we've been feeding them together in their shed, and leaving them together all evening, but last night we left them together all night :thumb: they tend to stick to their original sides but are at ease with each other. I've been watching them on goat cam and it's nice to see them all together.

Back