• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Goat Bonding Update P60

All went well, until it rained and they all wanted to go in the shed, and Pumpkin got all bossy as it was also nearly tea time - or so they thought. So I called it a day for then. They'll be separated by the fence again most of today as I'm at work.

I did some photos yesterday but haven't got round to uploading them yet sorry :oops:

All went well, until it rained and they all wanted to go in the shed, and Pumpkin got all bossy as it was also nearly tea time - or so they thought. So I called it a day for then. They'll be separated by the fence again most of today as I'm at work.

I did some photos yesterday but haven't got round to uploading them yet sorry :oops:

Pumpkin seems to have some 'attitude' !! I hope that in time things will settle down xx

We are being greedy wanting photos as well as you bonding goats!

However, goats make ultra sweet photographic subjects :lol:

Pumpkin seems to have some 'attitude' !! I hope that in time things will settle down xx

He is full of attitude:roll: he loves a good back scratch and a face scratch, but then he can flip without notice- I hope he will settle down! My previous male goat that we had to have castrated because they missed a testicle :roll: did calm down a lot.

He is full of attitude:roll: he loves a good back scratch and a face scratch, but then he can flip without notice- I hope he will settle down! My previous male goat that we had to have castrated because they missed a testicle :roll: did calm down a lot.

Damn testicles, nothing but trouble if you ask me !! :lol:

I could not bond goats to save my life, rabbits are hard enough & they are just little fluff balls (Ok they have teeth). You are indeed brave. Looking forward to those photos ;)

I could not bond goats to save my life, rabbits are hard enough & they are just little fluff balls (Ok they have teeth). You are indeed brave. Looking forward to those photos ;)
They just use horns instead of teeth :lol: Goats don't have top teeth, just a hard gum, so how they manage to strip bark and eat it I don't know!

Yes, hay that's been on the floor :roll:

Salt, my previous male goat ate some screws once :shock:

My goats won't eat anything if it touches the ground,pellets, carrots, cabbage, etc. I find this so weird as they spend a lot of the day grazing so am wondering what's so off putting on the floor �� All bowls need to be pristine for them to eat or drink out of them and then they poop in them so the cycle starts over again. I do find them funny animals.

Somehow I've never thought about the fact that you'd need to bond goats! I guess I've assumed since they're herd animals and really social that they'd easily accept new buddies. But then, ducks are really social and I'm currently trying to bond 2 male muscovy ducks that used to be best friends but I'm not really getting anywhere because they just want to beat the other into submission through wild fighting. And one of them has got a disability so I'd rather they wouldn't fight!

I love hearing about your goats and every time I see your siggy when I'm scrolling through posts I have to look at it :lol: I would love some goats. My parents are always talking about getting chickens and goats cause they think they're adorable and I actively encourage such talk :lol:

My goats won't eat anything if it touches the ground,pellets, carrots, cabbage, etc. I find this so weird as they spend a lot of the day grazing so am wondering what's so off putting on the floor �� All bowls need to be pristine for them to eat or drink out of them and then they poop in them so the cycle starts over again. I do find them funny animals.

:lol: mine don't like carrot or apples :roll: they seem to persist pooping in their water :shock:

Somehow I've never thought about the fact that you'd need to bond goats! I guess I've assumed since they're herd animals and really social that they'd easily accept new buddies. But then, ducks are really social and I'm currently trying to bond 2 male muscovy ducks that used to be best friends but I'm not really getting anywhere because they just want to beat the other into submission through wild fighting. And one of them has got a disability so I'd rather they wouldn't fight!

I love hearing about your goats and every time I see your siggy when I'm scrolling through posts I have to look at it :lol: I would love some goats. My parents are always talking about getting chickens and goats cause they think they're adorable and I actively encourage such talk :lol:

Glad you like them :love: when we had chickens, they wandered around in the wood in a group with the goats :love: my neighbour has chickens, and the goats and chickens like to talk through the fence :love:

Back