• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Goat Bonding Update P60

Zoobec

Staff member
So, Pumpkin (daddy goat) and Charlie are now 2 months post castration and Pumpkin seems to have calmed down where his hormones were concerned. Up to now I've been keeping him on the other side of a mesh partition in the goat shed and in adjoining areas to Pickle (mummy goat) and Charlie and Lola (kids) in the daytime.

I've been slowly introducing them to each other, I tried about 2 weeks ago but Pumpkin thought he still had it in him and Pickle said no fairly aggressively:lol:

We tried them at the weekend and they seem to be getting on fairly well, although Charlie and Lola were a bit nervous of Pumpkin at first, but I've just seen little Charlie fronting up to Pumpkin and they've pushed heads :shock: they are a bit muddled I think, I just saw Lola mounting Charlie :lol: they are eating and sunbathing together :love:

I'm having to shut them apart from each other at night in the shed as Charlie and Lola aren't keen on going in when Pumpkin is loose in there at the moment. I'm hoping that will improve once the kids are bigger :thumb:

I'm very nervous about it all but I've got to let them sort it out for themselves!

Last edited:
So, Pumpkin (daddy goat) and Charlie are now 2 months post castration and Pumpkin seems to have calmed down where his hormones were concerned. Up to now I've been keeping him on the other side of a mesh partition in the goat shed and in adjoining areas to Pickle (mummy goat) and Charlie and Lola (kids) in the daytime.

I've been slowly introducing them to each other, I tried about 2 weeks ago but Pumpkin thought he still had it in him and Pickle said no fairly aggressively:lol:

We tried them at the weekend and they seem to be getting on fairly well, although Charlie and Lola were a bit nervous of Pumpkin at first, but I've just seen little Charlie fronting up to Pumpkin and they've pushed heads :shock: they are a bit muddled I think, I just saw Lola mounting Charlie :lol: they are eating and sunbathing together :love:

I'm having to shut them apart from each other at night in the shed as Charlie and Lola aren't keen on going in when Pumpkin is loose in there at the moment. I'm hoping that will improve once the kids are bigger :thumb:

I'm very nervous about it all but I've got to let them sort it out for themselves!

And I thought bonding Rabbits was stressful !! I hope they all manage to settle down together eventually :D

And I thought bonding Rabbits was stressful !! I hope they all manage to settle down together eventually :D
I know! Thankyou :) I'm hoping once Pumpkin's hormones subside more - he still smells goaty and is still peeing on himself :mrgreen: - and the little ones get bigger and get bigger horns that they will feel more at ease all the time. The little ones are very fast so don't have much of a problem keeping out of the way but they don't want to get cornered.

Zoobec how amazing! I never considered you would have to rebond them. Is this something you've done before?

I know! Thankyou :) I'm hoping once Pumpkin's hormones subside more - he still smells goaty and is still peeing on himself :mrgreen: - and the little ones get bigger and get bigger horns that they will feel more at ease all the time. The little ones are very fast so don't have much of a problem keeping out of the way but they don't want to get cornered.

........... plus the Eau de Garlic !! ;) :lol:

Zoobec how amazing! I never considered you would have to rebond them. Is this something you've done before?

Well the kids haven't been with their dad before now. And he's been separated from Pickle since they were born because he was still entire. I've not had to do it before, I tried to do it in a similar way when we first got Pickle, but she escaped the shed, got into the garden and used a chair to jump on to get to Pumpkin, so they bonded themselves:shock::lol: (and Charlie and Lola were the result!)

Well the kids haven't been with their dad before now. And he's been separated from Pickle since they were born because he was still entire. I've not had to do it before, I tried to do it in a similar way when we first got Pickle, but she escaped the shed, got into the garden and used a chair to jump on to get to Pumpkin, so they bonded themselves:shock::lol: (and Charlie and Lola were the result!)

Wow :shock: Sounds a bit like an action adventure film!

Beats standing by a small pen with a saucepan and wooden spoon, and a couple of gauntlets on the side just in case :lol:

Can you imagine having a garden full of Goats in our area !! :shock: :lol:

I think the neighbours must be think we starve them-as soon as they see you they start shouting, loudly! Pumpkin has a quiet little voice, Pickle is really loud and deep and throaty, and Charlie and Lola are both higher and loud too :oops:

Thankfully they are quiet most of the time- which is more than can be said of one neighbours dogs and another neighbours cockerel :lol:

I think the neighbours must be think we starve them-as soon as they see you they start shouting, loudly! Pumpkin has a quiet little voice, Pickle is really loud and deep and throaty, and Charlie and Lola are both higher and loud too :oops:

Thankfully they are quiet most of the time- which is more than can be said of one neighbours dogs and another neighbours cockerel :lol:

In good company! :D

Back