• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bea & Henry - A happy ending :)

Well... I went upstairs to check on the boys and the o/h decided to expand the pen to 2ft x 6ft whilst I was away so I guess that's that! I've told him that he's got to do the night shift and that it's staying that size till at least Monday. I do feel more comfortable with the size though. It's still pretty small.

Yeah they seem to be doing great. I could extend it out to 2ft by 6ft instead though which is still quite small. Especially considering they have a litter tray taking up almost a 1/3 of it. I think that I'd feel happier leaving them for a long amount of time if it was just a little bit bigger. I've got work tomorrow night though so whatever I do I will leave it until Thursday morning :)

Glad they have settled down :love: the usual recommendation is to wait until there has been at least 48 hours of no fur pulling, incessant mounting or chasing before extending the space a little and then wait again. Fingers crossed for you :thumb:

Glad they have settled down :love: the usual recommendation is to wait until there has been at least 48 hours of no fur pulling, incessant mounting or chasing before extending the space a little and then wait again. Fingers crossed for you :thumb:

That's the thing, until that moment there was none of that! They are doing well in the smaller space though. It's 2ft x 6ft now which I feel more comfortable with. It's gonna stay like this for a while now.

That's the thing, until that moment there was none of that! They are doing well in the smaller space though. It's 2ft x 6ft now which I feel more comfortable with. It's gonna stay like this for a while now.

Sorry I cross posted! Glad things are going well :thumb: I'm sure if you take things slow they will be fine :thumb:

Just from looking at the photos they look very relaxed and happy together so I have a lot of hope it will work out. Just need Bea to rein in her inner battleaxe when it's time to start extending out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's just very demanding. She's demanding with us too. Before we got Henry we would lie with her on the floor and stroke her, if we stopped she would lift her head up and head butt us continously until we carried on stroking her. We found it quite sweet but I can understand why these poor boys lose patience with her.

She's just very demanding. She's demanding with us too. Before we got Henry we would lie with her on the floor and stroke her, if we stopped she would lift her head up and head butt us continously until we carried on stroking her. We found it quite sweet but I can understand why these poor boys lose patience with her.

Perhaps she needs two boys Roxy - your next project? :lol:

Perhaps she needs two boys Roxy - your next project? :lol:
Absolutely NOT!!!! I'm done!
We did actually consider bonding her in with the boys but they have such a great relationship that we didn't want to risk it. Plus we wouldn't want to put Hiro through any stress either.

Lucky you. When I would stop giving Mimzy strokes, I got the Nip of Shame....repeatedly! :shock:

Lucky you. When I would stop giving Mimzy strokes, I got the Nip of Shame....repeatedly! :shock:

I suppose I should count myself lucky then! Bea also licks us to death. She often jumps up on the sofa and starts licking our feet. Little weirdo!

Also, I've realised today that Henry really doesn't like it when I cook/eat! He always thumps at me!

Was Henry a House Rabbit before coming to you ? Rabbits who are used to living outside often find the smell of cooking to be alarming, especially if the food is meat xx

I think it depends on the bunny, as Bailey has been with me since 14 weeks and he absolutely hates it when we have the cooker on and the extractor fan... phwor the thumping is unreal, so he tends to chill under my bed whilst we cook each night. We have never scared him, or anything... but my partner is adamant he knows that if he mis-behaves he'll be in a pot! :lol:

mine always come to investigate my food & bolt off as soon as they get a whiff. Anyway, you do know that your bunnies are working as a team to control every aspect of your life. Each rabbit brings a new thing to the table that is hugely offensive to him / her. Mouse has banned my use of stationary items such as my hole punch & stapler.

I await your next update to say Henry has you ordering takeaways that must be consumed in the bathroom or else join them in a luncheon of forage :lol:

Was Henry a House Rabbit before coming to you ? Rabbits who are used to living outside often find the smell of cooking to be alarming, especially if the food is meat xx

Not sure actually! He came from a hoarding case where the lady was trying to help. She had over 50 rabbits so I'm assuming that they were all outside but I can't be sure. To her credit all the males were neutered but still...
Well... I thought that it could be meat but I'm trying to cut down the amount of meat that I eat. Today we've had Macaroni Cheese so it must just be food in general.

Back