Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bea & Henry - A happy ending :)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Nooo, don't feel mean!

Hold fast and don't change anything yet!! xx
    Don't worry, I'm not going to unleash the vicious beasties no matter how tempting it is. They are doing well in there it's just so small!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    And some !!

I think a small space for a longer time is the way forward. Sending lots of calming vibes.................and an IV Gin drip
    Would that be for the bunnies or Roxy?

Isn't it funny how we as humans think, ah, perfect time for bonding, and then nature goes and throws a spanner in the works..."here, have a little SPRING!" Everything -> Hell.

But I couldn't agree more with everyone who has posted, since I've never gotten a successful bond myself but that's probably because I am such a nervous Nellie and can't bear to see even a little humping from one bun to another...I pull the plug long before anything could be properly achieved, I am sure.

Wishing you success soon and that Bea and Henry stay mellow. I wonder too, if they get on well at rescue, but things fall apart at home...are there any smells/scents/something lingering that could trigger aggression because they sense it all of a sudden? You'd think there's more other bunny smells at a rescue that would set them off though.

(((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))) and a break from stress for you, you deserve both! xxxx

Thank you. I'm determined to get there this time. It certainly makes me realise how lucky we were with the boys, we didn't know what we were doing at the time and we didn't follow any of the usual bonding advice that's usually given. We would have them out with us when we were home and then we would lock them in individual cages the rest of the time. The cages were side by side but y'know, I'm surprised that we got through it with no problems.

I think there is probably some territorial stuff going on with Bea for sure. That's partly why we left them at the rescue for so long. All my buns are free range now, I literally have NO neutral space in my house and even though I've cleaned everything as well as I possibly can, it's hard to get smells out if carpets etc.
    I can't think of anything specifically smell/noise wise but it's interesting because it always happens between 5am-7am. It was the same with Billy & Bianca too. We call it the witching hour now!

I know it's hard to have them penned in a small space now, but it is for their own good in the long run, and it's better to not rush it otherwise there is a risk that they will have to go back to it again.

At the moment I am bonding goats - mum and babies with daddy goat now that the boys have been castrated. That is not fun - they have horns and attitude

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    I know it's hard to have them penned in a small space now, but it is for their own good in the long run, and it's better to not rush it otherwise there is a risk that they will have to go back to it again.

At the moment I am bonding goats - mum and babies with daddy goat now that the boys have been castrated. That is not fun - they have horns and attitude
    Yikes! You're a brave lady Zoobec!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    Yikes! You're a brave lady Zoobec!
    I don't feel brave

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    I don't feel brave

Do you have a suit of armour?

Wow! Very brave. I love Goats

How long would you guys keep them in the small pen? It's 2ft x 4ft at the moment. Xx

My o/h did the night shift and apparently Bea got a bit humpy at around 8am but apart from that they have been ok. X

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by roxyroller88 View Post
    My o/h did the night shift and apparently Bea got a bit humpy at around 8am but apart from that they have been ok. X
    So far so good !