• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bea & Henry - A happy ending :)

And some !! :lol:

I think a small space for a longer time is the way forward. Sending lots of calming vibes.................and an IV Gin drip :D

Would that be for the bunnies or Roxy? ;) :lol:

Isn't it funny how we as humans think, ah, perfect time for bonding, and then nature goes and throws a spanner in the works..."here, have a little SPRING!" :shock: Everything -> Hell. :(

But I couldn't agree more with everyone who has posted, since I've never gotten a successful bond myself but that's probably because I am such a nervous Nellie and can't bear to see even a little humping from one bun to another...I pull the plug long before anything could be properly achieved, I am sure. :(

Wishing you success soon and that Bea and Henry stay mellow. I wonder too, if they get on well at rescue, but things fall apart at home...are there any smells/scents/something lingering that could trigger aggression because they sense it all of a sudden? You'd think there's more other bunny smells at a rescue that would set them off though. :?

(((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))) and a break from stress for you, you deserve both! :love: xxxx

Thank you. I'm determined to get there this time. It certainly makes me realise how lucky we were with the boys, we didn't know what we were doing at the time and we didn't follow any of the usual bonding advice that's usually given. We would have them out with us when we were home and then we would lock them in individual cages the rest of the time. The cages were side by side but y'know, I'm surprised that we got through it with no problems.

I think there is probably some territorial stuff going on with Bea for sure. That's partly why we left them at the rescue for so long. All my buns are free range now, I literally have NO neutral space in my house and even though I've cleaned everything as well as I possibly can, it's hard to get smells out if carpets etc.
I can't think of anything specifically smell/noise wise but it's interesting because it always happens between 5am-7am. It was the same with Billy & Bianca too. We call it the witching hour now!

I know it's hard to have them penned in a small space now, but it is for their own good in the long run, and it's better to not rush it otherwise there is a risk that they will have to go back to it again.

At the moment I am bonding goats - mum and babies with daddy goat now that the boys have been castrated. That is not fun - they have horns and attitude :shock:

I know it's hard to have them penned in a small space now, but it is for their own good in the long run, and it's better to not rush it otherwise there is a risk that they will have to go back to it again.

At the moment I am bonding goats - mum and babies with daddy goat now that the boys have been castrated. That is not fun - they have horns and attitude :shock:

Yikes! :shock: You're a brave lady Zoobec!

Aaaaand flop.
4ftjrs.jpg

How long would you leave them in the 2ft x 4ft pen?
I feel awful because I almost feel like I want to leave them in it forever because I'm finally getting a bit of peace and quiet :lol: Bad bun mum!

How long would you leave them in the 2ft x 4ft pen?
I feel awful because I almost feel like I want to leave them in it forever because I'm finally getting a bit of peace and quiet :lol: Bad bun mum!

Gosh that's really small, isn't it?

If it's working, then I should continue a little while more. They seem good in it, don't they?

Yeah they seem to be doing great. I could extend it out to 2ft by 6ft instead though which is still quite small. Especially considering they have a litter tray taking up almost a 1/3 of it. I think that I'd feel happier leaving them for a long amount of time if it was just a little bit bigger. I've got work tomorrow night though so whatever I do I will leave it until Thursday morning :)

Back