• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunnies

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
enjoying their first taste of outside in this house

IMG_5003_zpsdaaytucf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_4984_zpszwxh6wkp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_4983_zpswtqyhxa2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

:) lovely buns. Were they apprehensive?

I reckon, they stayed on that tiny patch & didnt explore the main bit of yard at all. It will feel really exposed, there's a mill at the back with a huge chimney / tower inhabited by loads of very vocal rooks / ravens. We'll need some tunnels & safe places

What a cute trio! :love:
Bunnies can eat tulips? :shock: I thought the bulbs family were verboten?

I've been so sad because my local grocer has daffodils and tulips for sale to keep in house till planting season and I'd love a garden full of them, but have been apprehensive about how safe they are for the animals. :( I just know someone will want a nibble.

The bunnies all look beautiful, if somewhat disapproving of having their movements tracked by the hoomin slave. :) :lol:

I've been so sad because my local grocer has daffodils and tulips for sale to keep in house till planting season and I'd love a garden full of them, but have been apprehensive about how safe they are for the animals. :( I just know someone will want a nibble.

The bunnies all look beautiful, if somewhat disapproving of having their movements tracked by the hoomin slave. :) :lol:

thanks MM. No they can't eat Tulips - bulbs is bad :lol: but I find they test nibble most plants & return to the safe ones in the next day or 2. Its more like they bite the leaf but don't eat them

Lovely photos :love:

The Tulip question is interesting. I have lots of Alliums that self-seed around the garden. I try to find any that can be reached through the rabbits' enclosure wire with greedy mouths, but they always find them first :roll: I do not think that the odd nibble is a concern if the rabbit is eating lots of other things as well. Clearly not advisable to deliberately feed though.

They look as though they had fun :)

The bunnies all look beautiful, if somewhat disapproving of having their movements tracked by the hoomin slave. :) [emoji38]
You may find this interesting :

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/articles/free-food-for-rabbits/lant-toxicity-the-problem-with-lists

I've daffodils in the garden. Both have had a nibble and routinely nibble other "dangerous" plants such as Ivy.

Bunnies aren't stupid - it's difficult to poison them. Most plants have been reported dangerous in lab conditions where the rabbit is tricked into eating it, or house rabbits who have no other option of fresh available to them.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back