• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Continental giant

Alicia

Mama Doe
I've fallen in love with them :love: Izzy and Joey are old and they're happy as they are so now I'd probably either wait until they passed or get a seperate pair. I have a big wooden Wendy house, and I could add a run around tunnel and a cat flap to connect it to a run. Would this be ideal? Does anyone have any info/experiences with these? Any photos of yours? I've always had smaller rabbits so I assume the care is pretty much the same?

I've never had a giant but I would think a Wendy house would be too small for them - if it is 4ftx4ft anyway. I would think you would need a big shed and an attached aviary run. Runaround do larger tunnels but not sure if they are big enough for giants :?

Hopefully someone who has experience of them will come along soon.

My giant has the space of 12x5x6ft during the night, the floor is all hay and straw to prevent any signs of sore hocks. He then has the garden and living room most of the day too as I work at home.

The only thing different from the smaller buns is space and how much you feed, I've found (not always like this) that the bigger buns are more placid and aren't as skittish. :)

I have to agree, that a Wendy house isn't big enough as an indoor space, I also think that the height isn't ideal, my guy can stretch up to almost the tops of my thighs. As lovely as they are, they do need a huge amount of room!

I have a chinchilla giant she is amazing her bonded partner is a tiny Netherland dwarf as long as you go through the bonding process they are happy to live with smaller buns. She had a larger friend who passed and wouldn't bond to my other buns as she was petrified of them and was getting bullied. She looked so sad and lost on her own so we got a baby for her and they are honestly so close if anything it's the dwarf that is boss they really are gentle giants. I think my dwarf is more naughty than most as she has a ridiculous amount of space to get into mischief being in with a giant she's adapted to a larger (than what most would give a dwarf ) living space.

Hi Alicia, I recently adopted a continental giant and netherland dwarf cross, we have a childrens playhouse inside an enclosed run. They really don't spend much time in the house, but what you are doing sound's great.
They do need a larger runaround pipe to fit in to 😄
Here is a photo of our set up.
5ACEF845-CE7A-49BC-A3BD-2C1F15981F38.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back