• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sheltered Bunny accommodation

Ah posts overlapped, ignore my last!
Fantastic news, post some pics when you can! Really pleased for you ������

Keep your eyes on your local gumtree or FB pages for Wendy houses going cheap to replace the coop. They are easier to clean and you can add a shelf for more interest.

Keep your eyes on your local gumtree or FB pages for Wendy houses going cheap to replace the coop. They are easier to clean and you can add a shelf for more interest.

Good idea :thumb: you could try eBay or preloved, freecycle, freeloved too

Wow, thank you for all the replies. This looks like a really friendly, welcoming site. I hadn't thought of working out the square feet. I make it 26 square feet sheltered and 36 square feet un-sheltered, giving a total of 62 square feet. I think their issue was the coop, and I can understand that if it was their sole accommodation.

However, events have overtaken us...

WE HAVE BUNNIES!!!!!

SSPCA rang up yesterday afternoon, so I picked the kids up, went in to town, and came home with two beautiful girls. All happened rather fast, and we've a bit freaked out!

They are 8 months old, and 'larger' ladies. The SSPCA rang us up as they knew we had the space for two larger, active bunnies. I think we'll try and make improvements to our set-up gradually, and let them lead us with what they need. It's going to be a steep learning curve.

After one night, we have loads of rabbit care questions, but unfortunately I work today, so I'll have to wait until lunch time to get some queries on here.

We're so excited and pleased. It's been such a long wait!

Hi, Welcome to the forum :wave: That's fantastic that you now have two lovely girls. I have to say I thought your set up sounds pretty good and was going to suggest trying elsewhere. There's probably rabbits missing out on the chance of a great home because some rescues are so inflexible.

I agree, playhouses are great though. We got one second hand for £40 and another recently for £20 x

Wow, thank you for all the replies. This looks like a really friendly, welcoming site. I hadn't thought of working out the square feet. I make it 26 square feet sheltered and 36 square feet un-sheltered, giving a total of 62 square feet. I think their issue was the coop, and I can understand that if it was their sole accommodation.

However, events have overtaken us...

WE HAVE BUNNIES!!!!!

SSPCA rang up yesterday afternoon, so I picked the kids up, went in to town, and came home with two beautiful girls. All happened rather fast, and we've a bit freaked out!

They are 8 months old, and 'larger' ladies. The SSPCA rang us up as they knew we had the space for two larger, active bunnies. I think we'll try and make improvements to our set-up gradually, and let them lead us with what they need. It's going to be a steep learning curve.

After one night, we have loads of rabbit care questions, but unfortunately I work today, so I'll have to wait until lunch time to get some queries on here.

We're so excited and pleased. It's been such a long wait!

The time was right, your hearts were in the right place, so the bunnies came to you :love:

Brilliant :D

Thank you all. Love the idea of the wendy house. Will keep an eye out. I think adapting one of these is about our level of diy expertise!

Thank you all. Love the idea of the wendy house. Will keep an eye out. I think adapting one of these is about our level of diy expertise!

piggie you do realise you will have to show us photos of your lovely rabbits soon, don't you? :D

I know, photos. Unfortunately, I work Wednesday to Friday & it's like a whirl wind till Saturday, especially with addition of two beautiful girls to our family of 3 children, 1 dog, 3 hens, and a lot of fish! Promise photos at the weekend.

Bunnies ! that's fantastic news, so pleased for you, and for them ! :D you are right, this is a very friendly forum, always someone to give advice and help, or hold a hand if needed :D
When you have time, take a look at some of the "stickies" in the Housing section on here. There are some great ideas and photos, of other folks setups, that you might find helpful if you ever get a shed or Wendy house. Look forward to photos :thumb:

I know, photos. Unfortunately, I work Wednesday to Friday & it's like a whirl wind till Saturday, especially with addition of two beautiful girls to our family of 3 children, 1 dog, 3 hens, and a lot of fish! Promise photos at the weekend.

Did you know that there is a penalty for not posting pics? :lol:

Ok. Think I've got it... (just don't tell my boss!)

Not the best photos yet, but

Introducing Sophie

IMG_6391_zpsqjy1tqse.jpg

and Chloe

awwww the photo of chloe made me laugh out loud. They are beautiful girls. I think i speak for everyone on RU when i say you can never post too many pics of your fur babies. Welcome to the world of buns. xxxxxxx

Back