• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Frosty :-)

Zoobec

Staff member
After we lost Boots, I was devastated and didn't think I could ever have another rabbit, but we realised that we missed having a bunny around too much. I decided to take some of my own advice, and also some of the things people said on here helped too, so the search began for a rescue bunny that needed a home.

Manchester and Salford RSPCA had lots of bunnies who seemed to be a good match for us, so we made the trip over. I think he chose us :love: he came bouncing up to the front to see us, hardly even noticing his food! He had been a housebunny previously, but had to be taken in by the RSPCA when his owner couldn't cope due to mental illness. I can't give more details of his rather eventful rescue as it's top secret but he was called Bruce Lee by the RSPCA because of it! Bruce Lee was a bit too much of a mouthful so we eventually decided on the name Frosty. He is a very small bunny, his ear is only the length of my little finger :love:

He is a perfect fit for us, he's a very friendly, cheeky, lively bunny. We love him already :love:

He is very clever - he hid his feet between my daughters leg to avoid claw clipping :shock::lol:

He actually likes being cuddled, he jumped into my arms, but was tense, and as soon as I put my hand firmly on him he relaxed :love: I have never known a rabbit like being snuggled in a blanket before but he does!

Here are a few (ok, a lot) of photos!

These were the ones posted by the RSPCA

IMG_0872_zpsjjf5d8fy.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]

His first DBF - he does them by jumping into the air slightly and then flinging himself sideways :shock::lol:

IMG_2324_zpsxlob9jrx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

He loves his bed :love:

Another one showing his cheekiness

We saw lots of lovely bunnies there, if anyone is looking for another rabbit it is a great place to go, they are all vaccinated with combi and RHD2 vaccines, and neutered/spayed, and also for March the adoption fee is £20 per rabbit instead of £40!

I'm delighted you have another bunny (I secretly hoped you would). Frosty is a wee sweetie & already looks very relaxed in his new home. Yay

I too had hoped that you would make another rabbit very happy. Frosty is gorgeous :love: He's so diddy and looks very cheeky :D

I'm so pleased for you and Frosty - he's found himself a lovely new home and you've got yourself a lovely new friend and he's absolutely gorgeous :love: xx

After we lost Boots, I was devastated and didn't think I could ever have another rabbit, but we realised that we missed having a bunny around too much. I decided to take some of my own advice, and also some of the things people said on here helped too, so the search began for a rescue bunny that needed a home.

Manchester and Salford RSPCA had lots of bunnies who seemed to be a good match for us, so we made the trip over. I think he chose us :love: he came bouncing up to the front to see us, hardly even noticing his food! He had been a housebunny previously, but had to be taken in by the RSPCA when his owner couldn't cope due to mental illness. I can't give more details of his rather eventful rescue as it's top secret but he was called Bruce Lee by the RSPCA because of it! Bruce Lee was a bit too much of a mouthful so we eventually decided on the name Frosty. He is a very small bunny, his ear is only the length of my little finger :love:

He is a perfect fit for us, he's a very friendly, cheeky, lively bunny. We love him already :love:

He is very clever - he hid his feet between my daughters leg to avoid claw clipping :shock::lol:

He actually likes being cuddled, he jumped into my arms, but was tense, and as soon as I put my hand firmly on him he relaxed :love: I have never known a rabbit like being snuggled in a blanket before but he does!

IMG_0872_zpsjjf5d8fy.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]

His first DBF - he does them by jumping into the air slightly and then flinging himself sideways :shock::lol:

IMG_2324_zpsxlob9jrx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We saw lots of lovely bunnies there, if anyone is looking for another rabbit it is a great place to go, they are all vaccinated with combi and RHD2 vaccines, and neutered/spayed, and also for March the adoption fee is £20 per rabbit instead of £40!

Eeep !! A Frosty Point :love: He is adorable :love: I am sure that Boots would approve of you giving a wonderful home to a Bunny in need

Welcome Frosty :love:

IMG_0872_zpsjjf5d8fy.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]

IMG_2324_zpsxlob9jrx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Zoobec you have such a kind heart, I couldn't imagine you bunnyless.

Frosty looks like a real character, and the first photo looks like it is his school photo, taken for his proud parents :love:

Welcome Frosty :D

Frosty is absolutely beautiful. No wonder he has brought some light into your home.

I'm sure Boots is also delighted you've opened your heart to another rabbit as he can't be with you. xxx

What a stunning little character! :love: I love dinky bunnies :D I hope you have many happy years with him, and he with you :D

I'm thrilled for you. Love the name. I would have called my Bracken, Frosty, but the lady who rescued him called him Bracken and she has since passed away. So ' Bracken' stuck. Frosty has a loving new home now. xxxx

What a little stunner :love: I'm sure boots is very happy that you've taken another under your wings :) xx

Eeep !! A Frosty Point :love: He is adorable :love: I am sure that Boots would approve of you giving a wonderful home to a Bunny in need

Welcome Frosty :love:

I thought he was a Frosty Point, I don't know what breeds he has in him (not that it matters!) he is 1.25kg. His ears look a bit longer than a netherland dwarf but maybe he has some ND in him.

Zoobec you have such a kind heart, I couldn't imagine you bunnyless.

Frosty looks like a real character, and the first photo looks like it is his school photo, taken for his proud parents :love:

Welcome Frosty :D

:lol: it does look like a school photo :lol:

Back