• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humping still??

AlexandraLT

Warren Scout
I bonded Bonnie with Oggy a couple of weeks ago. And everything has been going well.

No signs of aggression at all they are both grooming one another, and will sit by each other, haven't seen them flop by each other yet.

When they were indoors Oggy was very obsessed with humping- she wasn't having any of it. And eventually he gave in. Things settled down and then I moved them outside into their permanent house!

When they went in there the humping started again, he would constantly just try to hump her, but again she just kept running away from him.

They then have settled and everything has been fine. Until now...

I have just been out to see them both and clean them out and he's back to just obsessing about humping her. She seems a bit more submissive today, however will also run away from him aswell!

Is this normal to be going backwards and forwards in this humping phase?

Sorry - I don't know much of your buns background.

Is Oggy neutered and if so how long?

They hump to reassert dominance and as they are still in the early stages he may be wanting to ensure he is the boss.
Stress and excitement can also trigger humping.

So long as it doesn't escelate I wouldn't be too worried - a little fur pulling here and there sometimes happens too.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thank you! There has been no fur pulling at all so all in all I think I've been quite lucky.

Oggy is neutered. And has been for quite a while, he is coming up to being 1 and I got him done in about September time. So has had time to settle.

I think it is purely a dominance thing, but it was just not what I expected when I went out there to see them back at square one again!

As you may remember our Ziggy is particularly humpy. It will soon be three weeks of them being together and he's still like it. Dottie runs away from him a bit, but doesn't seem to mind too much. They are lovely together though :) x

They hump to reassert dominance and as they are still in the early stages he may be wanting to ensure he is the boss.
Stress and excitement can also trigger humping.

So long as it doesn't escelate I wouldn't be too worried - a little fur pulling here and there sometimes happens too.
Mine get into spats every springtime it seems: Aboleth gets a bit humpy and Lopsy gets a bit bitey, partly because she usually humps his face :roll: It's not uncommon for us to go outside in the morning and see a few clumps of fur (often Aboleth's) about :roll: But they act like nothings's happened and are still very happy with each other generally :D The usual cause is Aboleth wants something (a piece of food, or grooming), doesn't get it and shows her annoyance. Their hormones, even when neutered, can go a bit mental as the days get longer!

Mine get into spats every springtime it seems: Aboleth gets a bit humpy and Lopsy gets a bit bitey, partly because she usually humps his face :roll: It's not uncommon for us to go outside in the morning and see a few clumps of fur (often Aboleth's) about :roll: But they act like nothings's happened and are still very happy with each other generally :D The usual cause is Aboleth wants something (a piece of food, or grooming), doesn't get it and shows her annoyance. Their hormones, even when neutered, can go a bit mental as the days get longer!
Awh. She thinks he's beautiful ;) [emoji38]
Daphne seems to be getting some spring fever too, poor phoebe is confused what she done lol

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back