• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Niblet 8yr old male needing a home

Good evening*

I am writing because sadly I am looking to rehome my bunny.*

Niblet is a small black cross breed who has lived with me from when he was he was a baby after coming from a rescue. He is now approximately 7-8years old. He has lived with me uncaged as a house bunny up until recently when I split up with my partner and I had to move in with family.* He is now living in a hutch in the shed and so is lacking company and does not have the room he is used to as I do not have secure outside space.*

I am having to find a new place to live myself but know with what I can afford, Niblet won't be able to come with me. I am therefore hoping someone can give him the space and attention he deserves.*Unfortunately the rescue he came from no longer help rabbits and every local rescue I have contacted is full. I am hoping that someone on here might know an experienced bunny owner that can help or point me in the right direction.

I am based near Croydon, Surrey (south of London) but I am happy to drive within reason to get him to a great new home.

Niblet is a little fussy with eating hay but manages his teeth with grazing in the garden and broken up fibre sticks. He has no health problems and has been neutered.*He has never been bonded with another rabbit but I'm sure he would love to be if someone needs a new companion.

He will come when called and knows a few other words although he is stubborn and likes to ignore me when he is having fun exploring! He also gets angry with a dust pan and brush! He is happy to come and sit with people and be stroked (particularly if you have food!) when he wants to but is not keen on being picked up and held.

He was well litter trained but since being in the hutch he is not using it well... I assume because he is not happy with his environment. I am therefore keen to get him into a happy new home as soon as possible.

If anyone can help or provide useful advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards*
Rebecca

1ece9ddc67957099cf0e4a450b6cfa90.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Good evening*

I am writing because sadly I am looking to rehome my bunny.*

Niblet is a small black cross breed who has lived with me from when he was he was a baby after coming from a rescue. He is now approximately 7-8years old. He has lived with me uncaged as a house bunny up until recently when I split up with my partner and I had to move in with family.* He is now living in a hutch in the shed and so is lacking company and does not have the room he is used to as I do not have secure outside space.*

I am having to find a new place to live myself but know with what I can afford, Niblet won't be able to come with me. I am therefore hoping someone can give him the space and attention he deserves.*Unfortunately the rescue he came from no longer help rabbits and every local rescue I have contacted is full. I am hoping that someone on here might know an experienced bunny owner that can help or point me in the right direction.

I am based near Croydon, Surrey (south of London) but I am happy to drive within reason to get him to a great new home.

Niblet is a little fussy with eating hay but manages his teeth with grazing in the garden and broken up fibre sticks. He has no health problems and has been neutered.*He has never been bonded with another rabbit but I'm sure he would love to be if someone needs a new companion.

He will come when called and knows a few other words although he is stubborn and likes to ignore me when he is having fun exploring! He also gets angry with a dust pan and brush! He is happy to come and sit with people and be stroked (particularly if you have food!) when he wants to but is not keen on being picked up and held.

He was well litter trained but since being in the hutch he is not using it well... I assume because he is not happy with his environment. I am therefore keen to get him into a happy new home as soon as possible.

If anyone can help or provide useful advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards*
Rebecca

1ece9ddc67957099cf0e4a450b6cfa90.jpg

Hi Rebecca and welcome to the forum :wave:

Niblet looks like a very sweet little guy, and I hope he finds his new home soon ... hopefully with a lovely girlfriend to see out his latter years :)

Have you put him on Rabbit Rehome?

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk

Niblet home

Hello

I have an 8 year old female rabbit that might like some company - her mate died in July and I haven't got a replacement because she seems to be okay on her own. I have tried her with a couple of others since then and she hasn't been too keen. I don't suppose you know how your rabbit would be with another one?

I have 4 rabbits in total and they are in our stables with lots of hay bales inside and a very large netted and dug in run behind the stables. They are all looked after extremely well with fresh veg each day, cleaned out each day, heatlamps for when its cold etc. Niblet wouldn't necessarily get a lot of attention but would have a very natural life with loads of room. We have had a couple of wild rabbits almost next to the back of the stables with myxamatosis so Niblet would need to be vaccinated before he came if you were interested. The other problem is that I live in Dorset although am coming up to London this week (Wednesday and Thursday) so could maybe meet you somewhere?

Thank you

Fiona

Thank you everyone for your responses.
Niblet is neutered and vaccinated.
One of the rescues I contacted had a small female come in and they agreed to try and bond niblet with her so he is now having a trial. Initially they have fought but they are going to keep trying for a week so fingers crossed they can get along and then find a home together 🤞

One of the rescues I contacted had a small female come in and they agreed to try and bond niblet with her so he is now having a trial. Initially they have fought but they are going to keep trying for a week so fingers crossed they can get along and then find a home together ��

That would be lovely and I have my fingers crossed that it works out.

Hello

I have an 8 year old female rabbit that might like some company - her mate died in July and I haven't got a replacement because she seems to be okay on her own. I have tried her with a couple of others since then and she hasn't been too keen. I don't suppose you know how your rabbit would be with another one?

I have 4 rabbits in total and they are in our stables with lots of hay bales inside and a very large netted and dug in run behind the stables. They are all looked after extremely well with fresh veg each day, cleaned out each day, heatlamps for when its cold etc. Niblet wouldn't necessarily get a lot of attention but would have a very natural life with loads of room. We have had a couple of wild rabbits almost next to the back of the stables with myxamatosis so Niblet would need to be vaccinated before he came if you were interested. The other problem is that I live in Dorset although am coming up to London this week (Wednesday and Thursday) so could maybe meet you somewhere?

Thank you

Fiona

Welcome Fiona :wave:

Have you tried looking on RabbitRehome for a friend for your female rabbit?

Do your four rabbits all live together as a group?

One of the rescues I contacted had a small female come in and they agreed to try and bond niblet with her so he is now having a trial. Initially they have fought but they are going to keep trying for a week so fingers crossed they can get along and then find a home together 🤞

Good luck for bonding for Niblet.

I just love that name :love:

Welcome Fiona :wave:

Have you tried looking on RabbitRehome for a friend for your female rabbit?

Do your four rabbits all live together as a group?

Hello

I have two which are paired up (male and female) plus this older one (female) who is 8 I think plus another female who is only about 2. I have tried the two single girls together but the older one is not so keen on the younger one as she needs a bit of peace and quiet in her old age! It would be wonderful if I could have them all living together - any ideas about how I go about it? I know what to do with trying to pair up a couple but is it the same principle with four of them? They all know each other through meeting through the wire partitions dividing up the runs so hopefully that might help. The two that are paired up are quite dominant I think.

Back