Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Could you fix a piece of plywood, or even a sheet of cardboard between the two cages?
    Hmm... Maybe... My set up is two cages side by side in a huge dog run. George and Mildred are currently in the dog run with access to one cage and Charlie is in a smaller pen inside the run with access to the other cage so everyone is safely away from each other but can see/smell each other

He's booked in for neutering on Thursday! Vet said under circumstances 16 weeks is old enough 😀

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwill View Post
    He's booked in for neutering on Thursday! Vet said under circumstances 16 weeks is old enough ��
    That's good then - his testicles have obviously dropped.
    I do worry, however, about them still being able to see/smell each other whilst his hormones have settled. Perhaps I'm over-cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Babsie View Post
    I do worry, however, about them still being able to see/smell each other whilst his hormones have settled. Perhaps I'm over-cautious.
    I too feel cautious now you've said it... Anyone else got strong feelings one way or the other on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwill View Post
    He's booked in for neutering on Thursday! Vet said under circumstances 16 weeks is old enough 😀

Good on your vet

Wise Old Thumper

[QUOTE=Tamwill;6900684]I too feel cautious now you've said it... Anyone else got strong feelings one way or the other on this?[/QUO

Sorry! Hope someone comes along to put your mind at rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Babsie View Post
    That's good then - his testicles have obviously dropped.

My preference (and I have had to do this recently) is to keep the single male completely away from any potential bondees. I kept him in a different room and never let any other rabbit enter.

When the time came for bonding, they all went together into a neutral space.

I personally wouldn't risk letting them smell one another, but you may have no option?

Wise Old Thumper

My preference (and I have had to do this recently) is to keep the single male completely away from any potential bondees. I kept him in a different room and never let any other rabbit enter.

When the time came for bonding, they all went together into a neutral space.

I personally wouldn't risk letting them smell one another, but you may have no option?
    I was hoping you would respond as I know you're a VEB.

Sorry for hijacking your thread - please ask away on the Forum or by PM and I will be pleased to help
    Last edited by MightyMax; 21-03-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Wise Old Thumper

I'm a VEB??

Very Erudite Bullshitter
    Not quite what I meant ... But I like it!