• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Birthday Bunny Cake!

Limit

Warren Scout
So my birthday was a while a go now, 11th of feb, but my dad used to be a chef and did amazing cakes! He made this for me out of cake and icing, all of it is edible. Thought I'd share it as it's truly amazing :love:

Wow, that is just amazing ! I honestly thought that was a real bun that had got in the cake box ! Your dad is brilliant :thumb:

Wow, that is just amazing ! I honestly thought that was a real bun that had got in the cake box ! Your dad is brilliant :thumb:

So did I, when I came down my heart skipped a beat and I was wondering how the heck Binky got on the table! :lol:

So my birthday was a while a go now, 11th of feb, but my dad used to be a chef and did amazing cakes! He made this for me out of cake and icing, all of it is edible. Thought I'd share it as it's truly amazing :love:

Incredible :love:

Very talented Dad x

Wow, you're very lucky to have such a talented dad! That's a wonderful cake :D Lots and lots of effort must have gone into that. I wouldn't want to cut it :lol:

That's fantastic :D OH said he'd be worried about cutting it :D Must takle a lot of patience and time, but what a result!

I said the same, I didn't want to cut it but my dad said it worth the effort just to see my face, the big softie :lol: The butt was cut first :lol:

Good grief, that is unbelievably realistic! I wouldn't be able to eat it! :lol:
I want to know how to make cakes like that. I have little cooking skill, but I get a charge out of baking neat things. :D

Good grief, that is unbelievably realistic! I wouldn't be able to eat it! :lol:
I want to know how to make cakes like that. I have little cooking skill, but I get a charge out of baking neat things. :D

He likes doing things like this on occasions (I reckon he gets the same charge :lol: )! Honestly I have no idea how he has managed to do some of the cakes he's done! He was a chef for a very long time and did do a few cake competitions; he made a jesters mask out of all icing, shaped, moulded and then 'painted'/ decorated it. All of it was edible and took him about two weeks. Quite strange because he's not a patient man but he manages to do things like this :lol:

amazing! I always wonder how people have the patience to do something like that only for it to be eaten :lol:

amazing! I always wonder how people have the patience to do something like that only for it to be eaten :lol:
There's a lot to be said for 'ephemeral' art: I didn't get it for years and wanted all my stuff to go on forever, but now I can revel in beach sculptures (e.g. dolphins, sea monsters) that I've taken the time to do, a few people have enjoyed and then the sea has washed away. It's a privelege to have been there and seen it and put some 'wasted' effort into :D

Although I do get photos ;P

Back