• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Question

hi there! i'm new so if this has already been posted, i'm really sorry! i have a rabbit (unsure of the breed) whom i got in february, 2016 and he i think was possibly mistreated and i decided to get him a female friend (he has been neutured) and she's only 4 weeks old (she has a flat face and is a dwarf) so i have to wait to get her spayed and she's currently in a separate cage and she's tiny so her little cage can fit in his cage, is this okay? he seems like he likes her and he peers over her cage in a curious kind of way and was trying to scratch at her cage last night. should i keep doing this or not? ):

He could scratch her nose or eyes so it is not a good idea. She needs to be kept separate until she gets a little bit older, say about 3 months old, then you can try putting them together, very carefully. She can be spayed when she is around 6 months old. It will be best to introduce them in a separate area in case the male feels territorial over his cage.

Back