• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Interview: Val, Rescue Worker & BRC Breeder

Val how many shows do you enter a year roughly? How long does it take each day to care for your bunnies, and what is your daily routine?

I hope that these answeres have put your minds at rest a bit about breeders people who breed to show love their rabbits its hard work keeping them happy and heathy and our aim is just to improve the breed. There will always be people that shouldent be allowed to keep pets of any kind thats life. The people i have a grudge with are people that breed to try and make money out of it because they are the ones who cut corners trying to make a buck and not carring how they do it. Most of the people i have met and got to know have the utmost respect for theie rabbits and work long and hard to look after them.

val you have brought a wonderful insight into your work, and you have certainly answered the questions really, really well.

Does any one else have any burning questions to ask Val before we end this interview, as Val must be getting tired tapping on the keyboard by now??
Are you okay out there Val??

Do clubs and the council advertise the shows rules, standards etc or are they mainly only given to ppl that join? Are they different for club and council shows?

thanks

bronie

In the morning i spend about 2-3 hours topping up bottles and cleaning out wee corners topping up hay balls tea break then looking everyone over checking babys etc . Tea time cleaning out anyone who rearly needs it feedinf bottles hay balls again. In the mean time leting rabbits have a turn in the runs and answering the phone. appointments during the day or evening for people who want to addopt a rabbit. 10 check everyone is okay bottle check. Twice a week everony has a total clean out this takes about 8 hrs. Lots of kissing and cuddles my son who is still living at home never sees me till the evening says i should move in down the sheds lol.

Whats your thoughts on harness and leads on bunnies:?:

I have Bugzee running my daughter running around madly (at top speed if she had her way :lol: ) :lol:

Then I have Shadow who is quite happy to lie down 8) or just take things slowly. :)

bronie

Some swows may advertise localy but to hear about the show you would have to get the fur and feather mah or go on the show time list on the brc site. When i first went to a show i didnt have a clue whot it as alabout but i just loved it all those breeds lovely helpfull people and the chance to learn lots about keeping rabbits and then when you rearly get the bug the thrill of winning with a rabbit that you have breed. Not for everyone but i just love it .I go to shows every otherweek normaly sometimes 1 a week in the summer if its not to hot.

Ive got a rabbit that will walk on a lead and i walk him on the playing field at the back of my house , many rabbits will not though they dont get the hang of it

Thanks for giving us your time and answers :D

I`m happy (at this stage) just being a pet house bunny owner looking forward to showing in the pet section of shows (if allowed :!: :x )

I never knew buns were such darlings and have such cool personalities till I got my rescue bun/s.

Thanks so much

bronie

Rabbits have so much to offer it just takes the right person to bring it out, you would be welcome at any show that has a pet class .Try a find your nearest show via the brc perhaps ring the organiser and ask if they put on pet classes if they do they will be happy to advise you.

Thank you for a good evening ive enjoyed it even if my finger hasent im going to go now as im off to a show tommorow thank you for being welcoming

Wishes it was as easy here in New Zealand :!:

I Have entered Shadow into a club show here next weekend, sadly as he was a released on the road bun, I have no idea on his breed.

Due to having a wild bun (cotton tail) also, they are trying to tell me hes also cotton tail which I don`t think he is (look at the photos) as they have different body shape etc. Any ways as I was saying, some are trying to stop me entering him as they think hes cotton tail, going by a photo of each of my buns :shock: . I`m hoping by entering him, they can tell me what breed he is rather than going by a photo :!:

After all we all have the :bunny: :love:

bronie

Wishes it was as easy here in New Zealand :!:

I Have entered Shadow into a club show here next weekend, sadly as he was a released on the road bun, I have no idea on his breed.

Due to having a wild bun (cotton tail) also, they are trying to tell me hes also cotton tail which I don`t think he is (look at the photos) as they have different body shape etc. Any ways as I was saying, some are trying to stop me entering him as they think hes cotton tail, going by a photo of each of my buns :shock: . I`m hoping by entering him, they can tell me what breed he is rather than going by a photo :!:

After all we all have the :bunny: :love:

bronie

Back