• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Interview: Val, Rescue Worker & BRC Breeder

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
10th September 2004, 7pm

Would you like to introduce yourself Val and then we'll let the questions begin :D

Everyone can ask questions :D

I'll start it off... How did you start breeding?

Hi Val :D

I'm Lynda and I run a small rabbit rescue centre in Arbroath in Scotland.

I was just wondering if the 'pet rabbits' owned by non-brc registered owners are advised to have their bunnies vaccinated before bringing them to the rabbit shows? Or if it is part of the provision that they have to have this done before entering their bun in the pet section?

Hi there Val and thank you for joining.
How did you start Breeding (Quote Tamsin), and how many years have you been breeding bunnies for?
Tell us about the very first bunnies you breed? Did everything go to plan, any problems you experienced and what happened to the babies?

Ive been breeding rabbits for about ten years the firs rabbit i breed had 6 babys and no probs at all and im sorry to say at that time they went to the pet shop, ive seen the light since then

I've got a Mini Lop. She's a spayed doe. She's a little temperamental. :)

I've got a friend who's a breeder. She breed's Mini Rex and Mini Lop's. She say's the Mini Rex are better mother's, produce better litters and generaly have better temperaments then Mini Lops.

Would you say that's true?

Louise

Take your time, no hurry :)

So how have your homing policies changed since then? Where/how do you home babies now?

Back