• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Latte & Piccolo - gorgeous pair of rabbits for adoption

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
A gorgeous pair of Dutch rabbits Latte and Piccolo were born in July 2012. Although a little shy at first this pair are happy to accept attention once they trust you and blossom into lovely confident pair. They were adopted 18 months ago but were sadly been returned to the rescue in January due to their owners illness so are looking for a new forever home. I really like this pair and can't believe they are still with us.

IMG_4804_Piccolo by tabithakat64, on Flickr
IMG_4798_LattePiccolo by tabithakat64, on Flickr
IMG_4788_Latte by tabithakat64, on Flickr
IMG_4786_Latte by tabithakat64, on Flickr
img-1871_orig by tabithakat64, on Flickr
img-1869_orig by tabithakat64, on Flickr

We will only rehome to a predator proof home that exceeds 60 square feet or a rabbit safe room.

We will rehome within 2 hours of the rescue based near Royston, Herts.

All our rabbits are neutered/spayed and vaccinated against, myxi/vhd1 and vhd2.

Our adoption fee is £100 per pair of rabbits and we do carry out a home check.

Last edited:
What constitutes a 60 square feet home? I'm rubbish at maths and have been trying to work it out! I have my outside buns in 6ft x2ft welfare hutches with 24 hour access to 6ft 7 x 6ft 7 walk in runs which are meshed underneath. Do these qualify?

I'm not in a position to take any new rabbits right at this moment as I have two separate buns in my set ups whilst awaiting neutering and bonding but I'm a sucker for Dutch bunnies and have seen these two gorgeous cuties so many times. I'd love it if I could give them a happy home and retirement if they are still available later this spring.

Thanks for that, shame :(

I made it 54 which is even less, might have to measure them to be sure. I might, potentially, be able to extend the runs a bit as they are modular. I'd have to look at my set up though as I wouldn't fit anything bigger into my current space.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, shame :(

I made it 54 which is even less, might have to measure them to be sure. I might, potentially, be able to extend the runs a bit as they are modular. I'd have to look at my set up though as I wouldn't fit anything bigger into my current space.
You could always email them a photograph and description of your set up.
I have no idea how "flexible" they might be, but if it is meant to happen .... [emoji6]

What constitutes a 60 square feet home? I'm rubbish at maths and have been trying to work it out! I have my outside buns in 6ft x2ft welfare hutches with 24 hour access to 6ft 7 x 6ft 7 walk in runs which are meshed underneath. Do these qualify?

I'm not in a position to take any new rabbits right at this moment as I have two separate buns in my set ups whilst awaiting neutering and bonding but I'm a sucker for Dutch bunnies and have seen these two gorgeous cuties so many times. I'd love it if I could give them a happy home and retirement if they are still available later this spring.

I think 60sqft is based on the RWAF guidelines of a 6ftx2ft hutch and a permanently attached run of 8ftx6ft. Your set up I think measures 55.34 sq ft (if your hutch is single storey) Nothing to stop you contacting the rescue and seeing if it would be acceptable :thumb: and include info about how hutch is attached to run - e.g. If a runaround tunnel is involved it might help add to the calculation!

I think 60sqft is based on the RWAF guidelines of a 6ftx2ft hutch and a permanently attached run of 8ftx6ft. Your set up I think measures 55.34 sq ft (if your hutch is single storey) Nothing to stop you contacting the rescue and seeing if it would be acceptable :thumb: and include info about how hutch is attached to run - e.g. If a runaround tunnel is involved it might help add to the calculation!

That's true - each set up has a runaround tunnel which adds to it a bit! Plus I have rigged up an extra level in the runs with a coffee table with steps leading up to it. It's close, I think. I'd considered an extra runaround set up that gives the buns grass access, that would take it over, I think. Thanks for the encouragement, I think I'll contact them.

That's true - each set up has a runaround tunnel which adds to it a bit! Plus I have rigged up an extra level in the runs with a coffee table with steps leading up to it. It's close, I think. I'd considered an extra runaround set up that gives the buns grass access, that would take it over, I think. Thanks for the encouragement, I think I'll contact them.

Thats what we are here for, to help each other :thumb: when I saw you posting I remembered you saying you loved Dutch bunnies :love: fingers crossed for you and the bunnies:thumb:

Definitely contact us :) these two are gorgeous

Missed this Tabithakat (I believe we met on the foraging day in 2015 :wave:) and hadn't contacted you as I don't currently have any spare housing space but m very definitely interested in these two.

Are they still looking for a home? I'm still not ready for new bunnies as Alys is still living in my spare set up and will be until at least the beginning of May due to waiting for injections/spaying and Trevor's hormones to settle after his neuter. But my other two, Dennis and Bella, are happily settled as bonded free range house bunnies now with their own MPH rabbit furniture!) and I love having them inside so I will have a spare set up. I think I can increase the floor area with levels and a runaround that I can move around the lawn.

Latte and Piccolo are gorgeous and seem to keep popping onto my radar, it's so sad they don't seem to have any luck finding a permanent home. I've never given a pet up for any reason and would love it if they could have a forever home with me - if they are still available in May. Piccolo looks just like my beautiful Betty, who I sadly lost in February.

Back