Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again..

Default Here we go again..

Hi all, as some of you remember about a month ago, I had Daisy inside as she had the start of G.i stasis.
    Well.. Tonight her sister Lulu refused her veg.. She was sat hunched in the corner.
    So she's indoors now, but shes so much more active then daisy was.. She's hopping about exploring, being nosey.
    I felt her tummy and can't feel any lumps or hear any nasty sounds.
    Her teeth are OK.
    No lumps on her jaw.
    But she won't eat.
    I've tried lettuce, cucumber, carrot, Apple, 4 flavours of hay, herb mix (she loves) and even treats.. But nothing.
    She was eating like normal this morning.
    Unsure if pooping as ahe lives with others.
    Am I looking at g.i again?
    Yes, my bunnies are my children - in fact they're my Fluff Babies! <3

Possibly. If she isn't eating then you need to get her to the vets to be checked over asap. You should be able to hear some soft gurgling if you listen to her tummy, a silent tummy isn't necessarily a good thing. X

She's just had some water, I also just syringed her 1ml infacol and 2ml Oxbow before she got stroppy.
    She's been hopping around exploring, and now she's laying down relaxing
    Still no eating yet, although she keeps sniffing her hay and veg.
    My friend is on stand by incase she doesn't eat on her own by morning (I don't get paid for a week)
    Fingers.crossed she'll eat solo soon!

How long is it since you last saw her eating?
    Any luck with the infacol?
    Xxx

Wise Old Thumper

Is Lulu feeling any better this morning ?

Hey all.
    She was up and down all night, constantly moving her box round and round and round the floor (upside down box to hide in)
    6am and I've found a puddle of wee and found 3 poops.
    She's scoffed the carrot, Apple, lettuce and treat in the night.
    She's currently moving her box around again, she's managed a full 360 this morning lol!
    Going to tempt her with some more food at 8am and wait for some more poop before giving her the all clear

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Hi all, as some of you remember about a month ago, I had Daisy inside as she had the start of G.i stasis.
    Well.. Tonight her sister Lulu refused her veg.. She was sat hunched in the corner.
    So she's indoors now, but shes so much more active then daisy was.. She's hopping about exploring, being nosey.
    I felt her tummy and can't feel any lumps or hear any nasty sounds.
    Her teeth are OK.
    No lumps on her jaw.
    But she won't eat.
    I've tried lettuce, cucumber, carrot, Apple, 4 flavours of hay, herb mix (she loves) and even treats.. But nothing.
    She was eating like normal this morning.
    Unsure if pooping as ahe lives with others.
    Am I looking at g.i again?

Hey Sharpie, I'm so sorry I didn't see your message last night!

How are things now?

You can give Infacol every hour for three doses

Hey!
    Looking promising, she ate some grass and dandelions this morning (under her box - I'm not allowed to watch her eat by the sounds of it)
    And she did some more poo, she's currently outside with the others, trying to get her and her sister to talk again!
    She ate some more dandelions, was hoping they'd eat together but she snatched some and ran lol!
    I'm sat watching them as they're in separate boxes atm hiding from each other!
    I'm being moaned at on Facebook to go to the vets because she may have dental problems because she's eating everything bar hay.. She had some straw earlier.
    She's just a fussy bun, her and Lady Blue were never massive hay eaters..
    What do you think? Am I supposed to be concerned that my bunny that never eats a lot of hay, isn't eating a lot of hay? Lol!

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Hey!
    Looking promising, she ate some grass and dandelions this morning (under her box - I'm not allowed to watch her eat by the sounds of it)
    And she did some more poo, she's currently outside with the others, trying to get her and her sister to talk again!
    She ate some more dandelions, was hoping they'd eat together but she snatched some and ran lol!
    I'm sat watching them as they're in separate boxes atm hiding from each other!
    I'm being moaned at on Facebook to go to the vets because she may have dental problems because she's eating everything bar hay.. She had some straw earlier.
    She's just a fussy bun, her and Lady Blue were never massive hay eaters..
    What do you think? Am I supposed to be concerned that my bunny that never eats a lot of hay, isn't eating a lot of hay? Lol!
    To be fair a Rabbit who seldom eats much hay is more likely to develop Dental problems. So even if you feel that the people on FB are 'moaning' at you it would be a good idea to try to get Lulu's teeth checked out at some stage. Otherwise the 'stasis episodes' are likely to recur.

Hopefully Lulu is doing OK now ?

Hope she is doing well today

Does she eat a lot of grass? My Louie didn't eat much hay but ate lots of grass. The same grinding action is used to chew both hay and grass.

I too would definately have her teeth checked.