• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In your House Rabbit experience

I had a male bunny on his own for about two years before I got him a girlfriend. In my bunny's case a girlfriend made him very happy and im very very happy to see them so happy. :D They groom together and play and they still let me brush them and they groom me too. Two for me was miles better than one.

jredk04 said:
Angela thank you for telling me about thumper. waking at 3am for a cuddle? sounds like my son!

Mubby - just how lucky are you. i've seen the paddling pool!

cheeky - what a great name. how long was it before you were comfortable with him having the run of the house? I'm not too fussed about the odd poo splattering I'm wondering about how tempting your wallpaper/furniture is as i guess you don't supervise his activity all the time? bed sharing - and i thought it was just my toddler i've to worry about and i'm used to tantrums with my little boy - wow how i'd love to your thumper's!

juliex

It only took cheeky about 2 weeks to be familiar with his surroundings . I had another house rabbit before cheeky , his name was chico and he was house trained as well . I,ve been lucky that neither of them have gone for the furniture or wallpaper but my last rabbit did chew through the telephone cable on christmas day !!! :lol:

I had one House bun for about 7 months. Then I found a wondering abandoned bun on our street :shock:

Bugzee was a great bun on her own. I was also told that after being alone for so long, she might not accept another bun around her. To my joy, she accepted Shadow with open arms as we did :)

I have noticed some good changes in both of them. Bugzee has settled down a bit and Shadow has come out of his shell alot as he was a very shy bun (where as Bugzee has been classed as a bun with ADHD :wink: )

The bunny antics they get up to is very entertaining :lol: But also gives me great pleasure to see them so well bonded. I was lucky as there were no bunny fighting when they were bonding :!:

Really its how your bun takes to being on their own. You can always bond if you think they would rather a bunny companion.

Let us know when you get a bun/nies and photos is a must :p

bronie

Back