• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Prescriptions for long term rabbit medicine

cpayne

Warren Veteran
Does anyone get their medicine online through a prescription. Doughnut is on zantac permanently and what with all the other medicine I wondered if it would be cheaper for me to get it online instead of from my vets. Just wondered what other people do

I get metacam online as Mini is on it daily and has been for a couple of years now. Trinity give me a prescription for (I think) £5 and then I scan it and order from Animed. Saves me quite a bit.

I get a prescription for my cat's medicine - he has an overactive thyroid and I can buy the liquid medication on-line (I buy it from a company called Viovet) for about £53.00 per 100ml, it cost me over £80.00 from my vet. They charge me £10.87 for the prescription and I scan it and send it by email with the order. Shop around, I'm sure you'll get it cheaper than your vet.

Great. I'll ask Mark to give me a prescription for zantac. Animed don't seem to do ranitidine and viovet say I'm looking for a human drug and they only sell animal medicine, so I'll shop around. Hopefully can find somewhere that stocks it. Maybe I will ask if the human one is the same as the vet one as think it is! Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Does anyone get their medicine online through a prescription. Doughnut is on zantac permanently and what with all the other medicine I wondered if it would be cheaper for me to get it online instead of from my vets. Just wondered what other people do

My vet does this all the time. Really useful and saves a journey to the vet :)

Back