Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Older Rabbit Insurance Premiums? ?

Quote Originally Posted by nickybunny1 View Post
    I rang NCI and git a quote for around 10. And it was around around 10 for a 7 year old bun. They said they don't cover reoccurring conditions? ?? And that stasis would be viewed on a case by case basis. I am gonna ring Petplan to see what they say.
    Ooh, that's worth looking into .. I have two more buns that I was just about thinking of insuring with NCI

Exotic Direct were like that - once they had paid out for a condition, ti was excluded. So I guess that's termed NOT 'lifetime cover'?

MM you're right - it's not a lifetime cover.
    It's a condition cover which is the worst policy you can get, so explains why it's so cheap. Imagine if I got a condition cover.... they'd pay the first 300 for Phoebe's dental then every 6 to 7 weeks I'd have to pay 250 out of my own pocket.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    I'm doing the Race For Life 5k in aid of Cancer Research on the 8th July. If you'd like to sponsor me, please do at the following link: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.o...e-for-life-204

Wise Old Thumper

I think you have to be careful with PetPlan, too, and ensure you choose the lifetime cover policy.

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    It's a condition cover which is the worst policy you can get, so explains why it's so cheap. Imagine if I got a condition cover.... they'd pay the first 300 for Phoebe's dental then every 6 to 7 weeks I'd have to pay 250 out of my own pocket.

I've just done a dummy quote for NCI and it is definitely life time cover on the page I was using. They even talk in the sales pitch about covering conditions for long-term/life etc.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post

Yes, well that's not the sort of thing I'm looking for either.

I've had Exotic Direct in the past, and it suited me, but I need to know what I'm buying

I'm sure mine is lifetime cover with NCI.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by cpayne View Post
    I'm sure mine is lifetime cover with NCI.
    I think they do offer lifetime cover - depends what you opt for.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Ooh, that's worth looking into .. I have two more buns that I was just about thinking of insuring with NCI

Exotic Direct were like that - once they had paid out for a condition, ti was excluded. So I guess that's termed NOT 'lifetime cover'?
    You have the option to choose lifetime cover when you get a quote from NCI - just had a look at their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Babsie View Post
    You have the option to choose lifetime cover when you get a quote from NCI - just had a look at their website.

When I spoke with them, they told me there was only one level of cover for rabbits

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    When I spoke with them, they told me there was only one level of cover for rabbits
    Oh, I'm so sorry; I just looked on their website.