Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this enough space for my 2 bunnies?

Young Bun

Default is this enough space for my 2 bunnies?

i've been trying my best to ensure i give my buns the best home i can, i live in a 2 bedroom flat with my nan so we dont have a huge amount of space, the bunnies stay in my room as we have a dog and its safe and they are away from her, i have a 2 level hutch and i have parts of a playpen i have used to section off parts of my room so they cant get under my bed and chew any wires, this is temporary as if its okay i will get better playpen to section off the room, they would have the floor space all day but i will put it away at night and keep them in their hutch until morning.

is this okay? https://www.flickr.com/photos/152839...posted-public/ the whole floor space you see is what they have
    Last edited by bunnies95; 13-03-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Warren Scout

Looks a nice enough area but they might find the floor a bit slippy and I wouldn't leave that black plastic bag in with them.

Just a bit confused as to why they need to be shut away at night if they can have it every other time? The hutch isn't enough at all during the night and I think they might be frustrated to go in there each night after having that space for the day. I know you said it's temporary but I thought I'd say it anyway.

Lovely space for them with the pen though

Quote Originally Posted by bunnies95 View Post
    i've been trying my best to ensure i give my buns the best home i can, i live in a 2 bedroom flat with my nan so we dont have a huge amount of space, the bunnies stay in my room as we have a dog and its safe and they are away from her, i have a 2 level hutch and i have parts of a playpen i have used to section off parts of my room so they cant get under my bed and chew any wires, this is temporary as if its okay i will get better playpen to section off the room, they would have the floor space all day but i will put it away at night and keep them in their hutch until morning.

is this okay? https://www.flickr.com/photos/152839...posted-public/ the whole floor space you see is what they have

I hope they don't ruin that lovely floor with a couple of inadvertent wees or anything

It's a lovely big space - a few Ikea rugs thrown down for traction might be a good idea. Hopefully you can leave them out a lot of the time and give them toys such as cardboard boxes and tunnels?

It looks good so long as they aren't shut in the hutch at any time, they need permanent access to the other area to exercise, as rabbits are active during the night too. the rwaf recommends a minimum of a 6ftx2ft hutch with a permanently attached accessible run of 8ftx6ft which is 60sqft.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Looks great. I agree with others that it would be best to leave them out all night as well. Rabbits are most active at dawn and dusk and will appreciate their run.

It is lovely that you can have them in your room. I am sure you will get a really strong bond with them that way.

Young Bun

thanks for the advise, they were shut in a night as one of bunny can out and go under my bed and to the wires, but i've just got a new pen so they can stay out all the time

Young Bun

thankyou all for comments, i have got some cheap rugs and blankets so they can slip around

Wise Old Thumper

I think you are trying really hard to give your rabbits a nice life.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    I think you are trying really hard to give your rabbits a nice life.
    Yes, so do I!