Thread: The hawthorn is in bud!

Mama Doe

Default The hawthorn is in bud!

W'hey! Won't be long now, the hawthorn near me is in bud, my bunnies love it!
    Let the hawthorn monitoring begin..... Feeling impatient already!

Warren Veteran

It's a lovely time of the year with so many positive signs of spring. We have several Hawthorn bushes/trees and each year notice that some of them (the same ones) come into leaf earlier than others.

I hope your leaves are appreciated when they appear

We've noticed the hawthorn, apple, maple and willow in bud... the willow has already got small leaves. Can't wait to start foraging again.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Suzuki SV650S for sale ; 16647 miles ; 2012 plate ; full service 200 miles ago ; new tires put on 1600 miles ago ; selling due to health problems ; full ad here: https://www.gumtree.com/p/suzuki-mot...mot/1225750811

A large weeping willow near me has leaves on now. It is in a really public place. I long to chop bits off!

Will have to go out nice and early one morning.

Mama Doe

Never leave home without your secuters, that's my motto from now until end of summer

My sons school has a growing willow tunnel which they severely pruned last week, I asked if I could take some of them for the buns, I had no idea how big the prunings were, what I must have looked like struggling back home with ten foot long willow branches I've no idea! But the buns are loving stripping the bark off so it was worth it

No amount of embarrassment is too much when it comes to foraging for bunnies
    Last edited by Karen's; 14-03-2017 at 09:35 PM.

I'm looking forward to foraging this year. Last year I attempted but I didn't really get into the swing of it. Now I've two buns I've double the reason to entertain them. I'll be honest the only thing I am confident in foraging... is hawthorn. Lol. But there is so much around me, everywhere you look in the Wyre and Flyde coast there are Hawthorn trees. It quite a marshy boggy area between the sea and estuary so maybe that's why.

Hawthorn buds are yummy we call them bread and cheese. I promise to save for the bun though, Alice would be rather upset with me if I didn't save some for her.