Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!

I felt I had to even tho she seemed fine just to be sure 2 litters in 4 weeks is a lot for any bun. I kno she must have been pregnant when I took them in but they're my responsibility now and I would have never forgiven myself if anything happened to her I already feel guilty that I didn't realise the other was a buck in time

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Me&MyGirlies View Post
    Small update: older babies are seeing the vet on fri by then they'd have been away from mum 4/5 days vet reckons they should be fine at this age as long as I'm careful and watch them for problems. They too said any supplementary feeds would most likely do more harm than good. Mum has been checked today and vet has said no retained kits she looks healthy is a good weight so he's happy with her and she has been looking after the new babies beautifully they had huge full tummys this morn. Fingers crossed every1 makes it and thanks so much for the advice last night I've never had baby rabbits before and 1 litter was a big shock let alone 2. Mr lover bun is definitely gunna have to live alone a little longer than originally planned
    I am glad your Vet agreed with my advice and that all is well with your Bunny family. A similar thing happened to me several years ago. I ended up with 16 more Rabbits than I started off with

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    As long as the older Kits are eating well for themselves and drinking too then they should not really require any supplementary feeds. Introducing a substitute milk at this stage could do more harm than good. Lots and lots of good quality hay, fresh water and an appropriate amount of pellet feed (one manufactured specifically for growing Rabbits) should be all that they require. If they have been used to nibbling fresh Veg when they were with their Mum then they can continue to have a small amount of that too. But dont introduce any new foods until they are about 10 weeks of age.

Keep an eye on their poo output, any signs of bloated looking bellies, soft fecal poo, very small fecal poo or, worst case scenario, true diarrhoea and Veterinary treatment needs to be obtained immediately.

I would clean them out thoroughly daily and 'spot clean' poo and wee twice a day.

Good luck with you unexpected arrivals xx
    Jane gave you good advice about monitoring the young bunnies output closely. Sending you some positive vibes.

I felt I had to even tho she seemed fine just to be sure 2 litters in 4 weeks is a lot for any bun. I kno she must have been pregnant when I took them in but they're my responsibility now and I would have never forgiven myself if anything happened to her I already feel guilty that I didn't realise the other was a buck in time

They are lucky to have you taking care of them

Sorry mental day yesterday the babies who are now 5 weeks and 2 days were checked over yesterday by the vet and he gave them all the all clear gunna take hem to get checked again at 8 weeks unless I notice a problem. Mum and the new babies are doing really well too off to the vets in a few weeks to get them checked with mum once they are happy out of the nest. I think I'm single handedly keeping my vets in business at the mo lol but I'd rather be safe than sorry ain't losing no bunny on my watch

Sorry mental day yesterday the babies who are now 5 weeks and 2 days were checked over yesterday by the vet and he gave them all the all clear gunna take hem to get checked again at 8 weeks unless I notice a problem. Mum and the new babies are doing really well too off to the vets in a few weeks to get them checked with mum once they are happy out of the nest. I think I'm single handedly keeping my vets in business at the mo lol but I'd rather be safe than sorry ain't losing no bunny on my watch

Well done you!

I hope Mum and the babes keep well. They are in good hands x

Wise Old Thumper

So pleased to hear that all the Bunnies are doing well

It sounds like you and the buns are doing good. Well done x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Thank you it's hard work and I'm exhausted but it can't be as bad as what mummy bun feels like. I've taken over full care of the older 5 and my goodness they are running me ragged lol they are proper loveable now tho they even groom u as your stroking them lol. Honestly they are gunna be amazing babies for someone if I can bear to let them go

Wise Old Thumper

Thank you it's hard work and I'm exhausted but it can't be as bad as what mummy bun feels like. I've taken over full care of the older 5 and my goodness they are running me ragged lol they are proper loveable now tho they even groom u as your stroking them lol. Honestly they are gunna be amazing babies for someone if I can bear to let them go
    I totally failed on that count !! My entire house was taken over by Rabbits and everything else had to go !!