• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Devil Bella strikes again!!!!

Ruthyjones89

Mama Doe
Thankfully I am writing this after a good 24 hours so slightly more relaxed.. but Sunday morning was not our usual quiet Sunday, instead the little devil in bella came out and came out in force!! I can laugh about it now, but at the time... I was a very cross bunny mum and she nearly ended up in the pot!!!!!! (i'm joking, you all know how much I love these naughty little monkeys)

So me and Martin decided to go out for a Costa coffee, which ended up being the most expensive coffee ever as we came home to find..

- 3 lumps of coal had been dug out of our fake fire, and then dragged across the carpet along with little black paws running back to our bedroom. (after scrubbing the carpet - I still can't get rid of the coal marks - does anyone have any ideas?
- two cushions had been dug out from the side of the TV unit, she had squeezed round the back and chewed the power cable of our 6 month old new fancy and all singing 3D 4K TV!!! (not the lamp that was the next socket, oh no.. that one hasn't been touched!)
- but then if that wasn't enough went back into our bedroom and managed to move our wash basket exposing a tiny amount of cable to our Dyson link fan.. (again not even a year old) and that has caused the motor to blow up and trip all the electric in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never known anything like it, she has never touched anything and never even remotely showed any interest in these items... Seriously what is wrong with her??

Do you think this might be spring fever or is she in pain, and this is the frustration coming out?

I have managed to source another tv cable, but that means us having no TV for the next 2 days, and as for the Dyson Fan... I need to break the news to Martin tonight that Dyson will try and do what they can, but it's not looking hopeful and that means £550 is down the pan! :cry: :cry:

The funniest thing looking back though was that Bailey was hidden under the bed, now I don't know if this was his way of hiding because he also took part or if he was trying to do a 'wasn't me mum.... I've been here the whole time!'

Thankfully I am writing this after a good 24 hours so slightly more relaxed.. but Sunday morning was not our usual quiet Sunday, instead the little devil in bella came out and came out in force!! I can laugh about it now, but at the time... I was a very cross bunny mum and she nearly ended up in the pot!!!!!! (i'm joking, you all know how much I love these naughty little monkeys)

So me and Martin decided to go out for a Costa coffee, which ended up being the most expensive coffee ever as we came home to find..

- 3 lumps of coal had been dug out of our fake fire, and then dragged across the carpet along with little black paws running back to our bedroom. (after scrubbing the carpet - I still can't get rid of the coal marks - does anyone have any ideas?
- two cushions had been dug out from the side of the TV unit, she had squeezed round the back and chewed the power cable of our 6 month old new fancy and all singing 3D 4K TV!!! (not the lamp that was the next socket, oh no.. that one hasn't been touched!)
- but then if that wasn't enough went back into our bedroom and managed to move our wash basket exposing a tiny amount of cable to our Dyson link fan.. (again not even a year old) and that has caused the motor to blow up and trip all the electric in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never known anything like it, she has never touched anything and never even remotely showed any interest in these items... Seriously what is wrong with her??

Do you think this might be spring fever or is she in pain, and this is the frustration coming out?

I have managed to source another tv cable, but that means us having no TV for the next 2 days, and as for the Dyson Fan... I need to break the news to Martin tonight that Dyson will try and do what they can, but it's not looking hopeful and that means £550 is down the pan! :cry: :cry:

The funniest thing looking back though was that Bailey was hidden under the bed, now I don't know if this was his way of hiding because he also took part or if he was trying to do a 'wasn't me mum.... I've been here the whole time!'

:shock::shock:

Truly shocked Ruth!

I hope you're writing a book entitled "My Experiences with Rabbits" .......

........on the other hand, your experiences are borderline unbelievable :)

(I'm glad you can laugh about it now. I can see why you didn't post yesterday!

Oh deary me :shock:

I doubt her behaviour is pain induced. Pain inducing for your Bank balance more like :shock:

Re cleaning the carpet :

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/cleaning/tips/a1598/stains-charcoal-may07/

I think Bella gets an ASBO- Anti-Social Bunny Order !!

Oh dear,a very naughty rabbit/rabbits.You talking about cushions round the tv brought back memories if my bridge pair I had a tv corner unit and we had cushions stuffed in the gaps etc,also foot stools as a barricade.The two would be lying dozing together and I would go to the loo.Come back into the room,no sign of the pair of then,heard a rip both stripping the wall paper behind the TV,they also snipped a brand new "WI" sensor cable,chewed the Tv wires etc.They were not left alone for any length if time,but managed to snip comp cables,phone chargers lamp cables.My fault for not bunny proofing them.They were so bloody quick as soon as your back was turned etc.Wee devils,I do miss them.:D

Thanks so much guys, she has been quiet as a mouse today.. Although her and Bailey have been shut in the back bedroom only so maybe she's understood! Pffffffffttt as if.. And yes Jane - spot on she does have an ASBO! :lol:

I'm just still in shock though, and it's quite scared me now with having them free range just how much you trust them around your stuff! :(

Me and my partner had a huge argument, the biggest we've ever had.. I seriously thought we were over, but he's come home tonight with flowers and a mint selection.. I've begged him that I don't want them going outside, it's just not fair. So we're going to keep them in the back room only now until we're home and then they can be free range!

I've spoken to them both tonight and explained that their amount of toys will be cut down until they pay back the damage.. So they have a good few years ahead of them yet!

Thanks so much guys, she has been quiet as a mouse today.. Although her and Bailey have been shut in the back bedroom only so maybe she's understood! Pffffffffttt as if.. And yes Jane - spot on she does have an ASBO! :lol:

I'm just still in shock though, and it's quite scared me now with having them free range just how much you trust them around your stuff! :(

Me and my partner had a huge argument, the biggest we've ever had.. I seriously thought we were over, but he's come home tonight with flowers and a mint selection.. I've begged him that I don't want them going outside, it's just not fair. So we're going to keep them in the back room only now until we're home and then they can be free range!

I've spoken to them both tonight and explained that their amount of toys will be cut down until they pay back the damage.. So they have a good few years ahead of them yet!

And what did innocent Bailey say to that?? :lol:

Bailey wasn't happy... He was hoping for a new castle on pay day this month as bella has chewed his! :( He's compleltly creeping tonight, following me and Mart about and licking our slippers! I've told him it's not going to work on me! :lol:

Whereas little madam is still fast asleep in the castle, and hasn't made a fuss of either of us since she got fed earlier! In a strop for sure.. And keeping a low profile!

I've just been and put new sheets on the bed, and Bailey came in our bedroom, barging at the door, and dug at his pillow.. Yes he is that spoilt he has his own pillow next to my side of the bed which I've just had to put a fresh pillow case on too! Haha! The more I'm writing the more I'm starting to think I've finally cracked and more mad than I realised!

What the hell have rabbits done to me?!?! :lol:

What a naughty Bella you have!
It's very difficult, we have the buns indoors, it enables us to watch and interact with them much more than if they lived outside. BUT our little girlie can be so destructive when they free range, so they live in the back room and only free range when we are able to watch them
I hope you, your buns and partner have a quieter evening [emoji6]

Back