Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: My Bunny Boarder - Ely/Cambridge

  1. #21
    Forum Buddy Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    21,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    In future it's definitely him going alone... least when we visit my parents it's just for a day... I'm stuck here for a week.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    I hope the time passes quickly for you, can you go out to get some space?

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  2. #22
    Warren Veteran daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    6,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    I hope the time passes quickly for you, can you go out to get some space?
    Not sure. I've no idea what the area is like etc and if I go out by myself he'll go into panic mode that I'm upset which will cause friction between us.

    Just gotta suffer for a week and in future tell him any trips to stay with family he goes alone. We've not had any trips abroad just me & him, both our trips abroad so far have been to see his family and both times now I've hated it and just wanted to hit him the whole time.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Suzuki SV650S for sale ; 16647 miles ; 2012 plate ; full service 200 miles ago ; new tires put on 1600 miles ago ; selling due to health problems ; full ad here: https://www.gumtree.com/p/suzuki-mot...mot/1225750811

  3. #23
    Forum Buddy Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    21,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    Not sure. I've no idea what the area is like etc and if I go out by myself he'll go into panic mode that I'm upset which will cause friction between us.

    Just gotta suffer for a week and in future tell him any trips to stay with family he goes alone. We've not had any trips abroad just me & him, both our trips abroad so far have been to see his family and both times now I've hated it and just wanted to hit him the whole time.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Could you suggest that the two of you go out for lunch/dinner or see any local sights? Hope you manage to make the best of a bad situation!

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  4. #24
    Warren Veteran daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    6,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Could you suggest that the two of you go out for lunch/dinner or see any local sights? Hope you manage to make the best of a bad situation!
    She wants to come for dinner with us every night - I wish she didn't as I would like to have a relaxed dinner at least once where I don't need to worry about someone judging how fussy I am.
    Thanks for the well wishes... hopefully I'll get ill and will have to stay in bed all week while he takes her out everywhere.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Suzuki SV650S for sale ; 16647 miles ; 2012 plate ; full service 200 miles ago ; new tires put on 1600 miles ago ; selling due to health problems ; full ad here: https://www.gumtree.com/p/suzuki-mot...mot/1225750811

  5. #25
    Warren Veteran daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    6,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JemimaH View Post
    If only she was closer! 1hr15 is a bit far for us but I'm currently paying the vets 20 a day for their boarding so I'd much rather pay 5 a day...
    Seems quite a trip - I used to travel just over an hour & half to take the bunnies to my mums to be looked after. They coped fine and often we'd work it so we dropped them off and went straight to our holiday destination after.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Suzuki SV650S for sale ; 16647 miles ; 2012 plate ; full service 200 miles ago ; new tires put on 1600 miles ago ; selling due to health problems ; full ad here: https://www.gumtree.com/p/suzuki-mot...mot/1225750811

  6. #26
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    23,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    Seems quite a trip - I used to travel just over an hour & half to take the bunnies to my mums to be looked after. They coped fine and often we'd work it so we dropped them off and went straight to our holiday destination after.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

    That's what I'm hoping to do when we use your lovely boarder

  7. #27
    Warren Veteran daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    6,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    That's what I'm hoping to do when we use your lovely boarder
    She sent us an email yesterday to let us know the girls are okay.
    Much more confident than in the past so must be getting used to her.
    She's given them run of the whole shed as there are no other animals boarding with her this week... she thought they'd like the extra room to forage.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Suzuki SV650S for sale ; 16647 miles ; 2012 plate ; full service 200 miles ago ; new tires put on 1600 miles ago ; selling due to health problems ; full ad here: https://www.gumtree.com/p/suzuki-mot...mot/1225750811

  8. #28
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    23,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    She sent us an email yesterday to let us know the girls are okay.
    Much more confident than in the past so must be getting used to her.
    She's given them run of the whole shed as there are no other animals boarding with her this week... she thought they'd like the extra room to forage.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

    That sounds wonderful - lucky girls!
    When they play the sympathy vote at home you'll know what they've been up to behind your back

  9. #29
    Warren Veteran daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    6,237

    Default

    Sorry to bump this....

    We just collected the girls today. Daphne has come to adore Linda (it takes a while for Daphne to come around and doesn't even allow us to stroke her much... she was allowing Linda full stoking privileges).

    I got a couple pictures of her work in progress accommodation, so you can get a rough idea.

    Inside 6 separate pens







    It's got a little board up the perspex to help block views, but if need be Linda will happily block full view of the other boarders.

    Outside still needs work done to it....



    As you can see, it's got small walls to block views of other bunnies. The concrete has already been sealed, and the walls are next to be sealed to prevent anything soaking into them.

    Roof to be put on attaching to side fence so it's all enclosed.

    I can see it being amazing and she's putting so much work into it.

    Daphne who is normally a bit anxious was fully relaxed and Linda really noticed the difference in her.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Suzuki SV650S for sale ; 16647 miles ; 2012 plate ; full service 200 miles ago ; new tires put on 1600 miles ago ; selling due to health problems ; full ad here: https://www.gumtree.com/p/suzuki-mot...mot/1225750811

  10. #30
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    23,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    Sorry to bump this....

    We just collected the girls today. Daphne has come to adore Linda (it takes a while for Daphne to come around and doesn't even allow us to stroke her much... she was allowing Linda full stoking privileges).

    I got a couple pictures of her work in progress accommodation, so you can get a rough idea.

    Inside 6 separate pens







    It's got a little board up the perspex to help block views, but if need be Linda will happily block full view of the other boarders.

    Outside still needs work done to it....



    As you can see, it's got small walls to block views of other bunnies. The concrete has already been sealed, and the walls are next to be sealed to prevent anything soaking into them.

    Roof to be put on attaching to side fence so it's all enclosed.

    I can see it being amazing and she's putting so much work into it.

    Daphne who is normally a bit anxious was fully relaxed and Linda really noticed the difference in her.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

    Wow, they look absolutely amazing!

    How do the bunnies get from their inside pens to outside?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •