• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bunny Boarder - Ely/Cambridge

In future it's definitely him going alone... least when we visit my parents it's just for a day... I'm stuck here for a week.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I hope the time passes quickly for you, can you go out to get some space?

I hope the time passes quickly for you, can you go out to get some space?
Not sure. I've no idea what the area is like etc and if I go out by myself he'll go into panic mode that I'm upset which will cause friction between us.

Just gotta suffer for a week and in future tell him any trips to stay with family he goes alone. We've not had any trips abroad just me & him, both our trips abroad so far have been to see his family and both times now I've hated it and just wanted to hit him the whole time.

Not sure. I've no idea what the area is like etc and if I go out by myself he'll go into panic mode that I'm upset which will cause friction between us.

Just gotta suffer for a week and in future tell him any trips to stay with family he goes alone. We've not had any trips abroad just me & him, both our trips abroad so far have been to see his family and both times now I've hated it and just wanted to hit him the whole time.

Could you suggest that the two of you go out for lunch/dinner or see any local sights? Hope you manage to make the best of a bad situation!

Could you suggest that the two of you go out for lunch/dinner or see any local sights? Hope you manage to make the best of a bad situation!
She wants to come for dinner with us every night - I wish she didn't as I would like to have a relaxed dinner at least once where I don't need to worry about someone judging how fussy I am.
Thanks for the well wishes... hopefully I'll get ill and will have to stay in bed all week while he takes her out everywhere.

If only she was closer! 1hr15 is a bit far for us :( but I'm currently paying the vets £20 a day for their boarding so I'd much rather pay £5 a day...
Seems quite a trip - I used to travel just over an hour & half to take the bunnies to my mums to be looked after. They coped fine and often we'd work it so we dropped them off and went straight to our holiday destination after.

Seems quite a trip - I used to travel just over an hour & half to take the bunnies to my mums to be looked after. They coped fine and often we'd work it so we dropped them off and went straight to our holiday destination after.

That's what I'm hoping to do when we use your lovely boarder :D

That's what I'm hoping to do when we use your lovely boarder :D
She sent us an email yesterday to let us know the girls are okay.
Much more confident than in the past so must be getting used to her.
She's given them run of the whole shed as there are no other animals boarding with her this week... she thought they'd like the extra room to forage.

She sent us an email yesterday to let us know the girls are okay.
Much more confident than in the past so must be getting used to her.
She's given them run of the whole shed as there are no other animals boarding with her this week... she thought they'd like the extra room to forage.

That sounds wonderful - lucky girls!
When they play the sympathy vote at home you'll know what they've been up to behind your back :D

Sorry to bump this....

We just collected the girls today. Daphne has come to adore Linda (it takes a while for Daphne to come around and doesn't even allow us to stroke her much... she was allowing Linda full stoking privileges).

I got a couple pictures of her work in progress accommodation, so you can get a rough idea.

Inside 6 separate pens

2dc94e137a38dae322ad45ffbe8d0dc2.jpg

c31e315c465b188b1c8b28dee079f5c0.jpg

234e6ec58f7cd03461f3af2682d591a8.jpg

It's got a little board up the perspex to help block views, but if need be Linda will happily block full view of the other boarders.

Outside still needs work done to it....

ea95b72db05a8731bdca6457816dae27.jpg

As you can see, it's got small walls to block views of other bunnies. The concrete has already been sealed, and the walls are next to be sealed to prevent anything soaking into them.

Roof to be put on attaching to side fence so it's all enclosed.

I can see it being amazing and she's putting so much work into it.

Daphne who is normally a bit anxious was fully relaxed and Linda really noticed the difference in her.

Sorry to bump this....

We just collected the girls today. Daphne has come to adore Linda (it takes a while for Daphne to come around and doesn't even allow us to stroke her much... she was allowing Linda full stoking privileges).

I got a couple pictures of her work in progress accommodation, so you can get a rough idea.

Inside 6 separate pens

2dc94e137a38dae322ad45ffbe8d0dc2.jpg

c31e315c465b188b1c8b28dee079f5c0.jpg

234e6ec58f7cd03461f3af2682d591a8.jpg

It's got a little board up the perspex to help block views, but if need be Linda will happily block full view of the other boarders.

Outside still needs work done to it....

ea95b72db05a8731bdca6457816dae27.jpg

As you can see, it's got small walls to block views of other bunnies. The concrete has already been sealed, and the walls are next to be sealed to prevent anything soaking into them.

Roof to be put on attaching to side fence so it's all enclosed.

I can see it being amazing and she's putting so much work into it.

Daphne who is normally a bit anxious was fully relaxed and Linda really noticed the difference in her.

Wow, they look absolutely amazing!

How do the bunnies get from their inside pens to outside?

At the moment they can't get access unless in the very end set up. The window gets opened and they hop down.
But once the runs are secured and completed they are thinking of putting a tunnel in so it's a bit more natural.

She's planning on dig boxes, grass trays etc. I expressed a little concerned in regards to E.C. but she's already got that covered.... everything will be made to be fully disinfected between boards.

If you do happen to use her, please let her know you found out about her on the bunny forum through Daphne & Phoebe's mum.... she'll like to know I'm saying good things ;)

Back