• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grass tastic

Zoobec

Staff member
I've just bought some of this for the goats, it's a chop and looks similar to readigrass, but it is made from fescue grass. It smells amazing and is going down a treat :thumb: I think bunnies would love it, if anybun wants to try a bit you can PM me your address for a sample :thumb:

It's from this company http://www.emeraldgreenfeeds.co.uk/products/ and is made for horses, they do an alfalfa chop too, which would be similar to readigrass.

I've just bought some of this for the goats, it's a chop and looks similar to readigrass, but it is made from fescue grass. It smells amazing and is going down a treat :thumb: I think bunnies would love it, if anybun wants to try a bit you can PM me your address for a sample :thumb:

It's from this company http://www.emeraldgreenfeeds.co.uk/products/ and is made for horses, they do an alfalfa chop too, which would be similar to readigrass.

Looks good !! The name of the company makes me think it should be Irish though :lol:

That looks really good Zoobec!

How heavy is the bag, I can't quite see online?

That looks really good Zoobec!

How heavy is the bag, I can't quite see online?

I forgot to look! And listings for it differ saying either 12.5 or 15kg. It's about the same size as the large readigrass bag that is 15kg anyway. The goats love it, they are just tucking in to their tea which is a mixture of goat mix and the grass tastic:thumb:

I forgot to look! And listings for it differ saying either 12.5 or 15kg. It's about the same size as the large readigrass bag that is 15kg anyway. The goats love it, they are just tucking in to their tea which is a mixture of goat mix and the grass tastic:thumb:

Oh wow, you can't tell it's that big looking at the pic on their website :)

I just put in the postage and it's incredibly reasonable ..... hmmmm.....

Oh wow, you can't tell it's that big looking at the pic on their website :)

I just put in the postage and it's incredibly reasonable ..... hmmmm.....

You can look up stockists on their website, my usual feed place has it so I got mine when I got the hay and goat mix :thumb:

You can look up stockists on their website, my usual feed place has it so I got mine when I got the hay and goat mix :thumb:

Yes, I began to look up stockists, and then I found there were so many!! I looked at the map, and I think they may be too far from me. Postage seems reasonable so I might go for that :)

Thank you, different forage is always welcomed by the buns :D

Oooh thanks for posting about this. They stock it at Speedgate which I'm going to tomorrow for our normal baled hay so might get some of this as well.

Would you say it is better/as good as Readigrass?

It seems the same to me. I don't know if there is less calcium in it than in alfalfa chop, as this is fescue grass chop. It's very soft and easy for the goats to eat, and smells nice too.

Unfortunately it seems not all stockists stock the grass product. I went in today and they have their pellets but not the grass sadly. On the plus side got a lovely looking bale of hay!

Unfortunately it seems not all stockists stock the grass product. I went in today and they have their pellets but not the grass sadly. On the plus side got a lovely looking bale of hay!

That's a shame :( at least you got some nice hay :thumb:

Back