Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marathon Trio Bond

Young Bun

Gosh a foursome I don't envy that task but I'm sure it would be absolutely worth the effort!

It's always lovely to leave a bun greasy from strokes and needing a groom, at least that would distract them from each other. Walking around with them in a box would certainly be much less hassle than taking them for a drive every few hours. Our neighbours must think we're mad, we appear covered in hay and sawdust rushing a bundle of buns into the car then circle the block and rush back in

The articles you shared were very interesting, the second one made me question whether it was worth putting them through this though. Whilst they probably will come to accept each other it doesn't mean that they'll have a bond

Poor Bloo has been stuck in a corner for 12 hours now (eating and going to the toilet but not active) so I think we're going to take her back to her room and bring the other two in with a fence between them. This is basically how we've had it set up for a few evenings and they all seem happy enough with it. Bloo in particular seems to enjoy the company with the added safety of a fence.

Tomorrow we can go straight back to the bonding arena.

Quote Originally Posted by PatchMagic View Post
    Gosh a foursome I don't envy that task but I'm sure it would be absolutely worth the effort!

It's always lovely to leave a bun greasy from strokes and needing a groom, at least that would distract them from each other. Walking around with them in a box would certainly be much less hassle than taking them for a drive every few hours. Our neighbours must think we're mad, we appear covered in hay and sawdust rushing a bundle of buns into the car then circle the block and rush back in

The articles you shared were very interesting, the second one made me question whether it was worth putting them through this though. Whilst they probably will come to accept each other it doesn't mean that they'll have a bond

Poor Bloo has been stuck in a corner for 12 hours now (eating and going to the toilet but not active) so I think we're going to take her back to her room and bring the other two in with a fence between them. This is basically how we've had it set up for a few evenings and they all seem happy enough with it. Bloo in particular seems to enjoy the company with the added safety of a fence.

Tomorrow we can go straight back to the bonding arena.

I'm glad you feel you got something out of them - I found them interesting too!

I think a rabbit having company of it's own kind is a good thing, whether they are all lovey dovey or not. To be able to speak rabbit to one another is a privilege denied to so many rabbits, so don't ever question whether you're doing the right thing

And after all, love can grow

Good luck for tomorrow and I hope you manage to get a good night's rest x

I hope you managed to get some sleep and that everybun is getting on ok. Personally I think that this method is better than bunny dates, and will work better in your case, but everybody and everybunny is different!

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Young Bun

That's very true, MadMax, she seems to be very happy to be in their company and hopefully the love can grow between them. We give as much loves as possible to her and she has a fluffy bunny hot water bottle for overnight to snuggle into but it's easy to see she's craving bun attention.

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement We all appreciate it!

We've all managed to get a good nights rest, thank you Zoobec. We all needed it and all buns demolished their breakfasts this morning so that's hopefully set us up for a good day.

This morning there has been immense progress between the girls. No aggression at all and Bloo is sticking to Molly for protection from Pumpkin.

Yesterday Molly wouldn't let Bloo use the toilet and today she's fine with it, even sits by her cleaning whilst she's in the toilet. Can't quite believe how good Molly is being today and there's absolutely no logic to it

Pumpkin has been challenging Bloo by charging her and he's has pulled her fur a few times. Bloo runs away still and has stopped hiding in the corner but Pumpkin does seem more unpredictable today.

Young Bun

Very proud to present Bloo's head for the first time

Young Bun

Molly cleaning

Wise Old Thumper

I am glad the 2 girls are getting more friendly Pumpkin has his work cut out now but I think you are "getting there". Spending a night together helps them to start trusting one another. By the way, who is this MadMax? We're all mad here.

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

I'm afraid I don't have any experience in bonding trios but I just wanted to pop on and send you some more bonding vibes. I'm glad Molly is being nicer to Bloo today (who looks a lot like my bridge bun Scrappy so I'm really rooting for her! ). Hopefully Molly's good example will rub off on Pumpkin. Not sure why he's charging so much. Maybe he heard that old joke that having two wives means you get an extra mother-in-law. Someone should tell him it doesn't apply to buns.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Young Bun

oh my gosh where did mad max come from I'm afraid that may have been a Freudian slip as I was losing my patience stopping Pumpkin from charging in the middle of typing that post! I meant Mighty Max, so sorry!

Yes I think we may do an overnight stint tonight as Bloo seems much more comfortable.

I'm glad Bloo has someone rooting for her she's absolutely marvellous! So sorry to hear of your loss, binky free Scrappy! Your bunnies are beautiful.

Maybe that is the case with Pumpkin, he knows he'll have his work cut out trying to keep the two ladies happy!

Young Bun

Bloo floppage