• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marathon Trio Bond

That's very true, MadMax, she seems to be very happy to be in their company and hopefully the love can grow between them. We give as much loves as possible to her and she has a fluffy bunny hot water bottle for overnight to snuggle into but it's easy to see she's craving bun attention.

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement :D We all appreciate it!

We've all managed to get a good nights rest, thank you Zoobec. We all needed it and all buns demolished their breakfasts this morning so that's hopefully set us up for a good day.

This morning there has been immense progress between the girls. No aggression at all and Bloo is sticking to Molly for protection from Pumpkin.

Yesterday Molly wouldn't let Bloo use the toilet and today she's fine with it, even sits by her cleaning whilst she's in the toilet. Can't quite believe how good Molly is being today and there's absolutely no logic to it :roll:

Pumpkin has been challenging Bloo by charging her and he's has pulled her fur a few times. Bloo runs away still and has stopped hiding in the corner but Pumpkin does seem more unpredictable today.

You're very welcome :D
And you're not the first to call me MadMax :lol:

....Logic to a female's behaviour? I doubt you'll find that anywhere :lol:
Be prepared though that she may not always be so accommodating, but that's also OK x

:lol: of course, silly me for trying to work out my lady's mind!

Molly seems to be a little braver in herself around Bloo, she's been climbing furniture this afternoon which is completely new.

Pumpkin had a bit of a crazy moment earlier, he nibbled Bloo's ear and she didn't react but kept on eating hay so he nose poked her side and again she ignored him. This seemed to annoy him so he full on charged at her grunting but it was much more aggressive than usual. She ran, he was distracted by Molly and then aggressively humped her instead. He is just so odd. Clearly he is adamant he will be dominant bun but no one is giving him any reason to believe otherwise so I don't understand when he will realise that and feel secure enough to stop the aggression.

I took him away from it all after his mad moment, he chilled out and the girls snoozed together. When I reintroduced him he flopped by Bloo :?

:lol: of course, silly me for trying to work out my lady's mind!

Molly seems to be a little braver in herself around Bloo, she's been climbing furniture this afternoon which is completely new.

Pumpkin had a bit of a crazy moment earlier, he nibbled Bloo's ear and she didn't react but kept on eating hay so he nose poked her side and again she ignored him. This seemed to annoy him so he full on charged at her grunting but it was much more aggressive than usual. She ran, he was distracted by Molly and then aggressively humped her instead. He is just so odd. Clearly he is adamant he will be dominant bun but no one is giving him any reason to believe otherwise so I don't understand when he will realise that and feel secure enough to stop the aggression.

I took him away from it all after his mad moment, he chilled out and the girls snoozed together. When I reintroduced him he flopped by Bloo :?

You photo speaks a thousand words :D

Thank you both!

So pumpkin has started to clean Bloo today but is continuing to chase and charge her. Obviously we intervene but I don't understand how this little lady has so much patience, she's incredible! I'm very much looking forward to this phase of his ending as I think they could be a happily settled trio without his crazy outbursts.

Meanwhile, in Molly's world, she's losing the plot. She has just started to climb and scale things with no real explanation. She hops up onto a chair then onto the window ledge behind which is about 3ft high and then she just sits there. She will sit there for hours. She defies logic.

Molly is lovely. I wouldnt let her near flower shop flowers (if they are from a shop) in case they are treated with any kind of chemicals.

Your bond seems to be progressing nicely.

Thank you. Luckily she doesn't try to nibble the flowers, she's much more of a 'knock the vase over and watch it smash' kind of bun :roll: but we're always watching her when she's up there.

The bond does seem to be progressing although the charging is continuing. It's still very random and seems to have no sense to it. Pumpkin lets her eat with him and go to the toilet, he snuggles into her for strokes and will sit with her eating treats. He'll randomly just charge her though, grunting and sometimes ending with fur in his mouth.

They now sleep closer but she's still very much separate from them. When they go off to explore she will go to join them but they'll chase her back.

I know I'm probably being over sensitive but it's just so hard to watch. She's trying so so hard to be a part of their group and they're being incredibly stubborn :evil:

I'm not sure how long to give it before deciding if Bloo should have her own husbun, like she has had since she come to us. It would be a shame to give up on the bond but if it's going to be them accepting her but not bonding with her then it's just not fair :cry:

I know what you mean. I have never done a trio, just pairs, although I had a pair of sisters who took a bereaved male under their wing and it took a good few days before they allowed him into their bed which was in the shed. They accepted him in their run but he wasn't allowed in their bed straightaway. It does take time for rabbits to accept one another because in the wild they are in family groups and outsiders are not welcome as they are a threat to their territory and food. So in your case I would definitely keep goin for a few more days, as long as they aren't hurting her. Sometimes what looks like unfriendly behaviour is just normal for rabbits.

Thank you, tonibun. I'm not giving up just yet but constantly questioning if it's the right thing to do.

I haven't been around much due to work so my partner has taken over as Bond Monitor. So, the biggest change is pumpkin and Bloo now being absolutely loved up! They snuggle, kiss, clean, share food and sleep together. They're like a real bonded pair and Bloo is loving every second of it :love:

Bloo and Molly, however, not so much :roll: They started off really well together and were the first to show signs of bonding but yesterday they seemed to be getting a bit tetchy with each other. This has escalated to scuffling today, beginning this morning Molly seemed to just be annoyed with Bloo so jumped at her trying to nip her. Bloo has now found her feet so showed some aggression back at her.

It hasn't resulted in fighting but it's certainly tense. Every time Molly gets near Bloo now she will approach her ready to scuffle. Bloo will ignore her unless Molly pushes it by getting too in her face then Bloo will front her which makes Molly do an odd jump into her.

We'll be taking them all to get their injections in a couple of weeks but just hope things don't escalate before then :cry:

They were doing so well! I hope it's just a glitch!

Last edited:
Yes they do, they share a hay stack and tray of veggies. Again, this has been much more successful over the past few days with them all squeezing into each other to get their noses into the food, there's been no aggression at all. Yesterday and today though, Molly and Bloo won't be at the veggies tray together and instead are taking it in turns. They will eat hay together but that is much more spread out.

Just a little update:

This is by far the most exhausting bond I've ever been a part of. They're still not at the point where they can be left unsupervised which is obviously quite difficult but we're persevering nonetheless.

Pumpkin & Molly seem to take in turns to act crazy. We can go a few days with all peace and love then out of nowhere one will charge at Bloo and pull her fur.

Molly doesn't let Bloo outside so they have to take it in turns. The other day Bloo snook out though and they got into a rough tussle. Both came away with a bite wound - not bad enough to require a trip to the vets. This left them both nervous for a few days after and that's where we're at now!

A few things I've found helpful:

Might just be my buns but being told off/pushed away DOES NOT work once they get tense. It only serves to heighten the tension. Instead I will stroke them and talk soothingly whilst throwing in a few random giggles to really baffle them. Laughing usually makes pumpkin binky too.

We buy soreen bread which they're all obsessed with. We keep it nearby and rustle the wrapper which immediately distracts them from any tension.

If we scritch their bums just above the tail it makes them clean vigorously. In order to calm things and encourage niceness, I'll scritch them whilst the other bun is in front of them which then makes them clean the other bun's face. This settles other bun and usually ends with them giving a reciprocal clean afterwards.

We're still not entirely sure this bond will work and will probably give it a little bit longer.

Just a little update:

This is by far the most exhausting bond I've ever been a part of. They're still not at the point where they can be left unsupervised which is obviously quite difficult but we're persevering nonetheless.

Pumpkin & Molly seem to take in turns to act crazy. We can go a few days with all peace and love then out of nowhere one will charge at Bloo and pull her fur.

Molly doesn't let Bloo outside so they have to take it in turns. The other day Bloo snook out though and they got into a rough tussle. Both came away with a bite wound - not bad enough to require a trip to the vets. This left them both nervous for a few days after and that's where we're at now!

A few things I've found helpful:

Might just be my buns but being told off/pushed away DOES NOT work once they get tense. It only serves to heighten the tension. Instead I will stroke them and talk soothingly whilst throwing in a few random giggles to really baffle them. Laughing usually makes pumpkin binky too.

We buy soreen bread which they're all obsessed with. We keep it nearby and rustle the wrapper which immediately distracts them from any tension.

If we scritch their bums just above the tail it makes them clean vigorously. In order to calm things and encourage niceness, I'll scritch them whilst the other bun is in front of them which then makes them clean the other bun's face. This settles other bun and usually ends with them giving a reciprocal clean afterwards.

We're still not entirely sure this bond will work and will probably give it a little bit longer.

I think you've worked wonders with your bunnies. And not only that, you could begin to write your own memoir of how you did it. I find the tips you've given us to be so interesting and useful they would certainly be worth remembering :)

I really hope the bond works - it so deserves to!

Good luck xx

Back