Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a bonder!

Default Looking for a bonder!

Is anyone aware of anyone in the Blackpool/Fylde/Preston/Lancashire area that could try bonding my rabbits? I've been trying for a month or so and seem to have hit a wall. I don't feel I'm making any progress and having never done it before I worry that my rabbits are going to injure each other.

Can anyone help?
    Thanks.
    ----------------
    Mum to Millie the bun and Bailey, Poppy and Grace the guinea pigs.
    RIP my beautiful Jake 26.10.09, and little boy Billy 23.02.11, and gorgeous shadow boy Ko 23.10.14 xxx binky free at the bridge. Enjoy your popcorning gorgeous Benny pig 21.11.11, and sweetheart Frankie 02.05.13 xxx

Bumping up for you

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel WD View Post
    Is anyone aware of anyone in the Blackpool/Fylde/Preston/Lancashire area that could try bonding my rabbits? I've been trying for a month or so and seem to have hit a wall. I don't feel I'm making any progress and having never done it before I worry that my rabbits are going to injure each other.

Can anyone help?
    Thanks.

Have you tried contacting any local rescues or boarding facilities?
    I board rabbits and have bonded many pairs for people

Wise Old Thumper

Can anyone help?
    Thanks.
    Have you got this book ?

https://shop.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/pro...iona-campbell/

Thank you Jack's-Jane, I have just ordered it. Fingers crossed it will help me get over this hump.

MightyMax - you're not anywhere near me are you? The rescue I used to use, and who have done the bonding for me on 3 occasions, has closed down. There is another one I could try but having rehomed a guinea pig from them I'm not sure they know exactly what they are doing.

I'm just so scared of them getting hurt and making the whole bonding process harder. But I will see what the book says and persevere.

Have you seen the video in the bonding sticky? By mischief and tinkers mum. It's of a trio bond but I think it's very helpful.

You might be able to find rescues locally on the rabbit rehome website some, not all, might be able to help with bonding. Or small animal boarding places might do it?

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

MightyMax - you're not anywhere near me are you? The rescue I used to use, and who have done the bonding for me on 3 occasions, has closed down. There is another one I could try but having rehomed a guinea pig from them I'm not sure they know exactly what they are doing.

I'm just so scared of them getting hurt and making the whole bonding process harder. But I will see what the book says and persevere.
    No I'm not, sorry ...

There are some interesting articles here, with info that might be useful:

http://rabbit.org/the-most-important...g-is-patience/

http://rabbit.org/introducing-rabbit...oup-situation/

http://www.cottontails-rescue.org.uk...nding-bunnies/ (good for pair bonding)

I wish I could help you more

Wise Old Thumper

Thank you Jack's-Jane, I have just ordered it. Fingers crossed it will help me get over this hump.

Can anyone help?
    Thanks.

We could try and help you here - lots of us have experience of doing this, and some people are posting on the Forum right now with their bonding experiences ...

Perhaps if you start a new thread titled Help with Bonding (or something like that), people will chip in and help?

Just a thought

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Just ordered it!