• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for a bonder!

Rachel WD

Alpha Buck
Is anyone aware of anyone in the Blackpool/Fylde/Preston/Lancashire area that could try bonding my rabbits? I've been trying for a month or so and seem to have hit a wall. I don't feel I'm making any progress and having never done it before I worry that my rabbits are going to injure each other.

Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Is anyone aware of anyone in the Blackpool/Fylde/Preston/Lancashire area that could try bonding my rabbits? I've been trying for a month or so and seem to have hit a wall. I don't feel I'm making any progress and having never done it before I worry that my rabbits are going to injure each other.

Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Have you tried contacting any local rescues or boarding facilities?
I board rabbits and have bonded many pairs for people :)

Thank you Jack's-Jane, I have just ordered it. Fingers crossed it will help me get over this hump.

MightyMax - you're not anywhere near me are you? The rescue I used to use, and who have done the bonding for me on 3 occasions, has closed down. There is another one I could try but having rehomed a guinea pig from them I'm not sure they know exactly what they are doing.

I'm just so scared of them getting hurt and making the whole bonding process harder. But I will see what the book says and persevere.

Have you seen the video in the bonding sticky? By mischief and tinkers mum. It's of a trio bond but I think it's very helpful.

You might be able to find rescues locally on the rabbit rehome website :thumb: some, not all, might be able to help with bonding. Or small animal boarding places might do it?

MightyMax - you're not anywhere near me are you? The rescue I used to use, and who have done the bonding for me on 3 occasions, has closed down. There is another one I could try but having rehomed a guinea pig from them I'm not sure they know exactly what they are doing.

I'm just so scared of them getting hurt and making the whole bonding process harder. But I will see what the book says and persevere.

No I'm not, sorry ...

There are some interesting articles here, with info that might be useful:

http://rabbit.org/the-most-important-word-in-bonding-is-patience/

http://rabbit.org/introducing-rabbits-in-a-group-situation/

http://www.cottontails-rescue.org.uk/information/bonding-bunnies/ (good for pair bonding)

I wish I could help you more :)

Can anyone help?
Thanks.

We could try and help you here - lots of us have experience of doing this, and some people are posting on the Forum right now with their bonding experiences ...

Perhaps if you start a new thread titled Help with Bonding (or something like that), people will chip in and help?

Just a thought ;)

Thank you for the advice and the links, they have been useful and have given me some things to think about. I'm looking forward to the book arriving. Will probably post another thread when I've started the process again. Thanks again.

Back