• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Mylo has a lump UD Results, sort of

MissSherwood89

Mama Doe
I was so happy about Mylo's 5th gotcha day yesterday, I just knew it was too good to last :cry:

OH found this last night:

I have no idea how long its been there, kicking myself for not noticing sooner. We're supposed to be going to a wedding today but now we're going to the vet instead :( These things always happen at the worst times!

Last edited:
I hope that the lump is nothing serious. Thinking of you and sending lots of vibes.

I was so happy about Mylo's 5th gotcha day yesterday, I just knew it was too good to last :cry:

I have no idea how long its been there, kicking myself for not noticing sooner. We're supposed to be going to a wedding today but now we're going to the vet instead :( These things always happen at the worst times!

Has he had a vaccination in the last few weeks ?

Oh I'm sorry!

Little lumps like that can be caused by injections of all sorts - vaccinations, baytril, painkiller - I don't suppose it's any of those, is it?

No, she was done last July. It's not in the center, it's towards the left-hand side, almost on her shoulder.

It doesn't look like a classic vaccine/injection reaction but thought I'd ask anyway. Hopefully the Vet will be able to give you some reassurance, even if that includes having the lump removed xx

It doesn't look like a classic vaccine/injection reaction but thought I'd ask anyway. Hopefully the Vet will be able to give you some reassurance, even if that includes having the lump removed xx

I'm almost hoping it can just be removed and that will be that - Wishful thinking! This will be her first vet visit for something other than vacs or accompanying partners so it's kind of terrifying. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Feel a bit stupid missing a wedding for this, but my anxiety would never let me relax or enjoy myself if we left it for another day. I'm not expecting anyone there to understand (I'm actually expecting some harsh words, to be honest!) but she means everything to me, she comes first.

Thank you everyone, for the kind words xx

I'm almost hoping it can just be removed and that will be that - Wishful thinking! This will be her first vet visit for something other than vacs or accompanying partners so it's kind of terrifying. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Feel a bit stupid missing a wedding for this, but my anxiety would never let me relax or enjoy myself if we left it for another day. I'm not expecting anyone there to understand (I'm actually expecting some harsh words, to be honest!) but she means everything to me, she comes first.

I can totally understand why you are missing the Wedding. I'd do the same, even if it was my own Wedding !!

It could be a cyst or fatty lump. Does it move about when you touch it and the skin attached to it or is it stationary? Hard or soft to the touch? She hasn't been bitten there or anything?
Mimzy had a fatty lump removed from his left side/armpit area a few years ago. I was told they show up for no apparent reason on rabbits and can either be left alone or removed. They are usually benign.

I'm hoping that is all it is. ((((((((((((Huge hugs and 'nothing sinister' vibes)))))))))) Hang in there, hun. I will be thinking of you all today. xxxx

Don't feel stupid about missing a wedding. I know how it is, and once you're reassured it will be better, even if it's surgically removed.

She is lucky not to have been to the vet other than for vaccinations :D

Topping up the vibes for mylo and really hope it's nothing sinister.

And about missing the wedding, like others have said if in the same position, I would miss it too. I've actually missed a couple of big events because of ill bunnies... It's just what us bunny mummies do xx

Last edited:
It could be a cyst or fatty lump. Does it move about when you touch it and the skin attached to it or is it stationary? Hard or soft to the touch? She hasn't been bitten there or anything?
Mimzy had a fatty lump removed from his left side/armpit area a few years ago. I was told they show up for no apparent reason on rabbits and can either be left alone or removed. They are usually benign.

I'm hoping that is all it is. ((((((((((((Huge hugs and 'nothing sinister' vibes)))))))))) Hang in there, hun. I will be thinking of you all today. xxxx
Thank you MM, it's quite hard and doesn't move very much. I guess it's possible one of the cats may have had a swipe at her but they very rarely bother with each other, and even then it's usually Mylo ding the chasing! My very first thought was a cyst but then I'm obviously no expert.

I can totally understand why you are missing the Wedding. I'd do the same, even if it was my own Wedding !!
We're getting married later this year, I can guarantee the bunnies will have other plans! :roll::lol:

We're back. Vet said it doesn't look to be attached to anything (which is usually good), but took a few samples to send to the lab. We should get the results early next week, then we can decide what to, depending on the outcome.

Thanks again everyone, means a lot :love: xx

Thank you MM, it's quite hard and doesn't move very much. I guess it's possible one of the cats may have had a swipe at her but they very rarely bother with each other, and even then it's usually Mylo ding the chasing! My very first thought was a cyst but then I'm obviously no expert.

We're getting married later this year, I can guarantee the bunnies will have other plans!
:roll::lol:

Oh dear !! :shock: :lol:

We're getting married later this year, I can guarantee the bunnies will have other plans! :roll::lol:

:lol: Congrats to you xx

We're back. Vet said it doesn't look to be attached to anything (which is usually good), but took a few samples to send to the lab. We should get the results early next week, then we can decide what to, depending on the outcome.

Thanks again everyone, means a lot :love: xx

I wish these bunnies wouldn't keep growing lumps!

Vibes that it's nothing at all to worry about (most likely) .....

And well done you for spotting it, as it doesn't look like it was very obvious?

Back