Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Limping

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I'm glad to hear he's better

Good to have a second pair of hands to help with the lifting. Is he a wriggly-bun?
    A wriggling 6kg bun, yes! I can pick him up but then to try and see under his foot? He says 'Nu uh' and gives a nice few kicks, makes me think he might've stood on something and doesn't want me to touch, in a way (sounds terrible ) I'm hoping it is just something he's stood on or a strained muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Limit View Post
    A wriggling 6kg bun, yes! I can pick him up but then to try and see under his foot? He says 'Nu uh' and gives a nice few kicks, makes me think he might've stood on something and doesn't want me to touch, in a way (sounds terrible ) I'm hoping it is just something he's stood on or a strained muscle.
    Hmmm Two pair of hands essential

Been to the vets this morning, no swelling on the joints or bones but the vet believes he's twisted or sprained his ankle as this is where he started to wriggle. She checked his movement and wasn't too concerned overall.

He's on 10ml of metacam once a day for his size and is to go in for a check up in a weeks time

Wise Old Thumper

Been to the vets this morning, no swelling on the joints or bones but the vet believes he's twisted or sprained his ankle as this is where he started to wriggle. She checked his movement and wasn't too concerned overall.

He's on 10ml of metacam once a day for his size and is to go in for a check up in a weeks time
    Do you really mean 10ml ??

I am glad there are no obvious fractures xx

Good, that's what I thought it probably was

You don't really mean 10ml of Metacam, do you?
    The vet would've had to provide you with a very expensive and massive bottle for a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Do you really mean 10ml ??

I am glad there are no obvious fractures xx
    Oh my gosh I should've read that over! No he is definitely not on 10! He's on 1.0 per day to take the edge off!

On another note, he takes his medication like a champ, no need to hold him down he has it straight from the syringe and even wants more. Strange rabbit.

Wise Old Thumper

Oh my gosh I should've read that over! No he is definitely not on 10! He's on 1.0 per day to take the edge off!

On another note, he takes his medication like a champ, no need to hold him down he has it straight from the syringe and even wants more. Strange rabbit.
    I thought it must've been a typo !! My Rabbits love metacam too, it's sweet so I think that's why xx

Haha, that's what I guessed it must be

Metacam is pleasant tasting to *most* rabbits! At least that's one med that doesn't usually cause a struggle and a falling out

I am glad he is taking his medication so well and hope he improves quickly.

How's he doing today?