Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 weeks since dental - dribbling again!

Good luck for Monday, hope all goes well. My bridge bun Toffee had regular dentals, sometimes every 6 weeks, his sister Treacle, has about 4 a year. I wish someone could design bunny dentures ! I give her Oxbow orchard grass these days. It's not the cheapest, but it's very long strands, and much softer than Timothy hay. She copes with this much better, so I don't mind buying it.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Alpha Buck

Little update;

All went ok today, though x-rays didn't show much!
    There's no bone damage/inflammation of the jaw but her cheek teeth are curved which indicates dental disease, likely will be progressive.
    They had another look in the mouth and she had a new spur so that was burred. Her previous spurs had already started to reappear so those teeth have been rasped quite short to hopefully stretch out the amount of time between dentals.
    She is going to stay on meloxicam for a week, then will see if being off it makes a difference to her dribbling.

Fingers crossed hope all goes well, hopefully it will be longer than 2-3 weeks this time before the next dental!!

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by FloLo View Post
    Little update;

There's no bone damage/inflammation of the jaw but her cheek teeth are curved which indicates dental disease, likely will be progressive.
    They had another look in the mouth and she had a new spur so that was burred. Her previous spurs had already started to reappear so those teeth have been rasped quite short to hopefully stretch out the amount of time between dentals.
    She is going to stay on meloxicam for a week, then will see if being off it makes a difference to her dribbling.

Fingers crossed hope all goes well, hopefully it will be longer than 2-3 weeks this time before the next dental!!
    Poor girl, I hope that the Meloxicam will keep her comfortable xx

Quote Originally Posted by FloLo View Post
    Little update;

Yes, I hope you'll be able to stretch the time between dentals ....

It's good to hear that there's nothing serious going on with tooth roots etc!