• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling very nervous!

AlexandraLT

Warren Scout
So Oggy is off on his date tomorrow, and I feel incredibly nervous.

I don't know whether it's because I always think the worst. And I don't want him getting hurt. Or whether It's because I've never done this before so don't know what to expect.

The plan is that she bonds them at the rescue for the day. And if all goes well they both come home. (I think this is the part that frightens me the most because I don't have a clue what to do or expect!)

Is it really as bad as I'm thinking it will be!?

So Oggy is off on his date tomorrow, and I feel incredibly nervous.

I don't know whether it's because I always think the worst. And I don't want him getting hurt. Or whether It's because I've never done this before so don't know what to expect.

The plan is that she bonds them at the rescue for the day. And if all goes well they both come home. (I think this is the part that frightens me the most because I don't have a clue what to do or expect!)

Is it really as bad as I'm thinking it will be!?

Awww poor you! Oggy will be fine in expert hands. Bonding done properly is very safe and works well :)

Have you been told to thoroughly clean the area they will be living in, so that neither one gets territorial?

They are getting a completely new area to live in.

When they come home they will be living in the bathroom for a while so I can watch them 24/7 (or at least get woken up when I'm asleep in the bath- commitment, I know!)

At the same time the outside accommodation will be changed over to a brand new space!

And fingers crossed it will all be okay!

They are getting a completely new area to live in.

When they come home they will be living in the bathroom for a while so I can watch them 24/7 (or at least get woken up when I'm asleep in the bath- commitment, I know!)

At the same time the outside accommodation will be changed over to a brand new space!

And fingers crossed it will all be okay!

You're going to sleep in the bath tub? :shock:

(sleep being a euphemism for staying awake all night being uncomfortable of course!)

You're going to sleep in the bath tub? :shock:

(sleep being a euphemism for staying awake all night being uncomfortable of course!)

Ha! I'm either doing that or in the room next door! Worried that if I leave them and they fight it won't wake me up!!

Would never forgive myself if something happened and I slept through it!!

I'm obviously going to see how it goes to decide what to do. Just don't want to do anything wrong!

Fingers crossed for an easy bond. It's much easier bringing a female home to live with a male than the other way around.

Ha! I'm either doing that or in the room next door! Worried that if I leave them and they fight it won't wake me up!!

Would never forgive myself if something happened and I slept through it!!

I'm obviously going to see how it goes to decide what to do. Just don't want to do anything wrong!

Looking forward to hearing how they get on .... and you won't do anything wrong, I'm sure :D

Hope it goes well / is going well :) Try not to worry, they will have done it many times before.

I've just recently bonded my doe with her husbun and it couldn't have been any easier. I have done bonding before, but I'm a relative novice. If I can be of any help just ask x

Got them home about 30 mins ago.

She said that she keeps trying to hump Oggy and he's not a massive fan of that.

He looks a bit sad and very quiet.

Since they have been home they have sat in their carrier. They have not moved!

The travelling has probably upset them both but going to bribe them with food now!

We now have movement.
He seems to now be the humper.

He seems to be humping her head a lot though, am I right to break this up?

She is eating normally however he hasn't touched any food.

There is absolutely no sign of aggression yet.

I'm guessing these are all good signs?

We now have movement.
He seems to now be the humper.

He seems to be humping her head a lot though, am I right to break this up?

She is eating normally however he hasn't touched any food.

There is absolutely no sign of aggression yet.

I'm guessing these are all good signs?

Really good signs! What did the bonding person say?

I wouldn't split unless you *really* have to!

She said there was absolutely nothing abnormal that went on.

He did tell her off at one point to stop humping but she said there's been no fur pulling and def no fighting.

They are now both floppped out. Not together. But both seem pretty relaxed :)

She said there was absolutely nothing abnormal that went on.

He did tell her off at one point to stop humping but she said there's been no fur pulling and def no fighting.

They are now both floppped out. Not together. But both seem pretty relaxed :)

As should you be :D

It's all sounding really good :) Our Ziggy is still very humpy after a week together, but no aggression from either of them.

I did read that it's not a good idea for the male to hump from the front as he could get nipped, ouch, but I'm sure others are more knowledgeable than me.

Good luck for this evening. We have kept our two together since they met and haven't needed to separate, they were in our bedroom though x

I'm not planning on seperating these two unless they start proper fighting.

Oggy is very humpy now. Chasing after her buzzing!

The only worry is he was grinding his teeth and won't touch anything to eat.

After his op he stopped eating so he's a very sensitive soul!

That's my only worry at the moment though! Other than that. Everything is looking rather positive!

I've now left the room but set up a camera so I can watch them- this may be the wrong thing to do but for the 3 hours I've been sat in there there hasn't been any signs at all of aggression, so it felt a bit pointless just sitting in there. If I see anything on the camera which I'm not happy with. I will be going back in!

I'm not planning on seperating these two unless they start proper fighting.

Oggy is very humpy now. Chasing after her buzzing!

The only worry is he was grinding his teeth and won't touch anything to eat.

After his op he stopped eating so he's a very sensitive soul!

That's my only worry at the moment though! Other than that. Everything is looking rather positive!

I've now left the room but set up a camera so I can watch them- this may be the wrong thing to do but for the 3 hours I've been sat in there there hasn't been any signs at all of aggression, so it felt a bit pointless just sitting in there. If I see anything on the camera which I'm not happy with. I will be going back in!

No I think it's the right thing to do! You are entitled to a life and change of scenery now and again :D

Should I be worried about him grinding his teeth and not eating?

I've tried tempting him with all his favourites and he's not interested.

Should I be worried about him grinding his teeth and not eating?

I've tried tempting him with all his favourites and he's not interested.

Have you any Infacol? Can you give him some and a few tummy rubs?

If he really doesn't eat anything you'll have to think about calling the vet.

How about herbs, grass or rose leaves - something like that? A treat he doesn't normally get?

Back