• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits eat this? Herbal horse feed

I think that the oil content would be too high? I enquire about the Dengie one that was similar and as it was 10% oil it wasn't suitable. I hope someone who knows more will be able to say that it's fine for buns as it sounds delightful!

I think that the oil content would be too high? I enquire about the Dengie one that was similar and as it was 10% oil it wasn't suitable. I hope someone who knows more will be able to say that it's fine for buns as it sounds delightful!

My Rabbits have this Dengie one (in moderation) with no problems at all :)

http://www.dengie.com/horse-feeds/grass-range/meadow-grass-with-herbs/#nutritional-guide

Not claiming that it would be appropriate to feed to all Rabbits though :)

Cat, I am not sure about the Thunderbrook one as it contains lots of other relatively high sugar ingredients. I guess if fed in small amounts, maybe not every day, it would be OK. I am a bit iffy about feeds containing seeds too

http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/rabbit-plants-vegetables-fruits.asp

But I am no expert !!

my vet advised against it for that reason.

Guess it may be good for underweight buns?

"Dried alpine grasses and herbage, black oil sunflower seeds, cold pressed linseed oil, toasted linseed shreds, carrot, apple, parsnip, beetroot, cornflower petals, calendula petals, rosehips, fennel seed, nettle, elderflower blossom, marshmallow root, aniseed, coltsfoot extract "
Bolded ingredients will certainly be high in oil and/or sugar :thumb: Elderflower blossom is probably quite sugary too, if it's the whole thing?

I would love to be able to give them a little as a treat, as jacks-James are ok on it. but I would never get though a bag! Maybe I will ask them for a cheeky sample!

Back