• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to buy a new hutch?

Anyone? Need one quite urgently!! i do have a guinea pig hutch and run im considering buying a hutch from pets at home and sittng it on top of the run & gettinf rid of the current hutch?? would that work the run is 4 x 4, seen a hutch in pets at home which is 6x 2 could i sit that on top of the run(i know it would have a overhang but surely better than the current hutch? x would rather get something new though personally

Depends on your budget. Pets at home is not the cheapest. Is this for one or two buns? Look on the net, HomeandRoost do some hutch/run combos, 4,5 or 6 ft. (I've not used them so it's not a recommendation , I've just been researching runs myself)
4x4 run is not big enough.
If you're getting a new 2 storey 6x2, why not sit the run in front rather than on top. A ramp hole takes up space.

Anyone? Need one quite urgently!! i do have a guinea pig hutch and run im considering buying a hutch from pets at home and sittng it on top of the run & gettinf rid of the current hutch?? would that work the run is 4 x 4, seen a hutch in pets at home which is 6x 2 could i sit that on top of the run(i know it would have a overhang but surely better than the current hutch? x would rather get something new though personally

Recommended size for hutch is 6ft x 2ft, with permanently attached run of at least 8ft x 6ft, so what you are considering doesn't really sound suitable.
A lot of people use Rabbit Welfare Hutch company.

Back