Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hay-and-Straw.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Limit View Post
    I bit the bullet and ordered from them anyway, Binky will know if I've got different hay so I'm hoping the difference is barely noticeable! Fingers crossed it's still good stuff like yours was Roxy

Could you ask them to send you a sample first? I know that means waiting, but at least you can assure yourself of what it's like.

I'll be ordering some more this week so we will see! Fingers crossed it will still be nice

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by roxyroller88 View Post
    I'll be ordering some more this week so we will see! Fingers crossed it will still be nice
    I think you've said before that your OH has had allergy-type problems with this hay. If so, have you found that individual batches vary? I'm really suffering quite a lot with ezcema at the moment and the change in hay is the only thing I can identify that's different in my environment. I'm loathe to stop buying this hay as the rabbits really love it, but equally I don't understand why or if this is really the cause of my current problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Could you ask them to send you a sample first? I know that means waiting, but at least you can assure yourself of what it's like.
    Brilliant idea, though as the batch is cheaper I decided to go for it! If it's not all great it'll be used as bedding or if dusty then I'll chuck it up the stables... Will make sure to tell you all how the hay is if that helps

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

I actually decided to give timothyhay.co.uk a whirl and ordered some earlier this week. I must have got the last of the "good" batch as it was full price. Anyhoo, it arrived today and the buns really love it!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    I actually decided to give timothyhay.co.uk a whirl and ordered some earlier this week. I must have got the last of the "good" batch as it was full price. Anyhoo, it arrived today and the buns really love it!
    I postponed ordering and as soon as I went to order I saw the sign telling me the better stuff had gone! Felt like a plum

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post

Yes I think I was on the tail end of the good stuff too. Very lucky, as I had no idea that their other stuff was different.

I have never seen hay that is less dusty than this - it's just brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Yes I think I was on the tail end of the good stuff too. Very lucky, as I had no idea that their other stuff was different.

I have never seen hay that is less dusty than this - it's just brilliant
    I know, it's very lush! Snoopy's actually been preferring it over readigrass this evening. I never thought I'd see that!
    [IMG][/IMG]

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by Limit View Post
    I postponed ordering and as soon as I went to order I saw the sign telling me the better stuff had gone! Felt like a plum
    It's always annoying when things like that happen. Hopefully this batch won't be too different. I'm sure your buns will leave you in doubt as to their view on the matter
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I think you've said before that your OH has had allergy-type problems with this hay. If so, have you found that individual batches vary? I'm really suffering quite a lot with ezcema at the moment and the change in hay is the only thing I can identify that's different in my environment. I'm loathe to stop buying this hay as the rabbits really love it, but equally I don't understand why or if this is really the cause of my current problems.
    I think that the last 2 bags that we got weren't so bad but to be honest he is off hay/litter tray duty. It made him too poorly and it wasn't worth the risk. His whole throat would close up to the point that he couldn't breathe and he would get little white spots all over his hands and arms. He would also be wheezy for a few hours after. If he does do it he wears long sleeve tops, gloves AND a face mask! This is a recent thing though, we've been having this hay for over 2 years now and for the first 20 months it didn't cause him any problems at all!