• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay-and-Straw.co.uk

I think that the last 2 bags that we got weren't so bad but to be honest he is off hay/litter tray duty. It made him too poorly and it wasn't worth the risk. His whole throat would close up to the point that he couldn't breathe and he would get little white spots all over his hands and arms. He would also be wheezy for a few hours after. If he does do it he wears long sleeve tops, gloves AND a face mask! This is a recent thing though, we've been having this hay for over 2 years now and for the first 20 months it didn't cause him any problems at all!

I'm shocked - that sounds really bad :( Does he take an antihistamine?

Good news! My hay was delivered yesterday and the only difference is that it's not as green. Bunnies still eat it and still not dusty. :D

I received my bag of the 'not so good' hay today and I agree with Limit :) It's still lovely but just slightly less green. If they hadn't put a notice up on the site I probably wouldn't have realised it was different!
X

I'm shocked - that sounds really bad :( Does he take an antihistamine?

I missed this sorry but yeah he did when it was really bad. He just doesn't touch the hay from there now though just in case!

I received my bag of the 'not so good' hay today and I agree with Limit :) It's still lovely but just slightly less green. If they hadn't put a notice up on the site I probably wouldn't have realised it was different!
X

I missed this sorry but yeah he did when it was really bad. He just doesn't touch the hay from there now though just in case!

Do you keep hay in the house?

I wondered last night where people keep their hay :)

Yep! Sure do. I'm considering buying one of those outdoor storage boxes though so the house is less farmy!

It will never be less farmy! :lol: My buns live outdoors and I have hay and straw everywhere... once found it in my bed too... :oops:

Back