Thread: Question!

Default Question!

So... I've heard you can feed your rabbit grass. I've done that for Sis before - just a little bit - but I stopped because I didn't know if there was a kind of grass that would hurt her. Is there a kind of grass that is toxic to bunnies?

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Dust View Post
    So... I've heard you can feed your rabbit grass. I've done that for Sis before - just a little bit - but I stopped because I didn't know if there was a kind of grass that would hurt her. Is there a kind of grass that is toxic to bunnies?

Grass should be fine - it's what hay is, after all

However, this time of year, be careful feeding *too much* of the new grass that's springing up, as it's a bit rich and can cause tummy upsets. I use the older straggly grass and mix in some of the fresher younger stuff so they get used to it without a problem

Okay, thank you.

Wise Old Thumper

Cuttings of grass freshly mown? People used to say that would cause gas, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Dust View Post
    Okay, thank you.

Certainly grass clippings from the lawn mower are a no no, as they ferment quickly and are very bad. But fresh grass nibbled or cut with scissors (as I do it ) is OK as per my email above x

Hey!

As MightyMax said, lawn mower clippings should never be fed, but normal grass straight from the ground is great!

My bunny (who sadly passed away a few months ago) used to eat the grass in his run every day for eight years.

I would move around his hutch and run ever so often, allowing him to constantly gorge

He always had healthy teeth and a lovely digestive system. Hope that helps xxx