• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question!

Star-Dust

New Kit
So... I've heard you can feed your rabbit grass. I've done that for Sis before - just a little bit - but I stopped because I didn't know if there was a kind of grass that would hurt her. Is there a kind of grass that is toxic to bunnies? :?

So... I've heard you can feed your rabbit grass. I've done that for Sis before - just a little bit - but I stopped because I didn't know if there was a kind of grass that would hurt her. Is there a kind of grass that is toxic to bunnies? :?

Grass should be fine - it's what hay is, after all :)

However, this time of year, be careful feeding *too much* of the new grass that's springing up, as it's a bit rich and can cause tummy upsets. I use the older straggly grass and mix in some of the fresher younger stuff so they get used to it without a problem :D

Hey!

As MightyMax said, lawn mower clippings should never be fed, but normal grass straight from the ground is great!

My bunny (who sadly passed away a few months ago) used to eat the grass in his run every day for eight years.

I would move around his hutch and run ever so often, allowing him to constantly gorge :)

He always had healthy teeth and a lovely digestive system. Hope that helps xxx

Back